Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Sr. Sourcing Specialist – Operational
About the Role:
In support of Boston Scientific’s Divisions and the America’s Sourcing Team, the Sr. Sourcing Specialist will drive end-to-end execution of sourcing events for operational spend (e.g. spend between $50K – $250K) in multiple spend categories within Indirect Sourcing, including but not limited to, IT, Professional Services, Sales & Marketing and other Indirect categories. The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will provide excellent customer service to the supported Businesses, Sites, and Regions. The Sr. Sourcing Specialist reports to the Regional Manager Sourcing.
Your Responsibilities Include:
Execute sourcing events from end to end, including:
- Price negotiations
- Supplier selection
- Contract review and approval
- Supports the stakeholder identification and drives stakeholder alignment
- Engages and ensures input from the stakeholders throughout the sourcing process
- Supports Sourcing Managers in the strategic planning and project sourcing execution process
- Set up requirements for data analysis, identify the right sources of information and sets up the channels to get the right information to the right person
- Coordinate the analytics of internal and external data and e-sourcing support
- Support development of Go-To-Market and negotiation strategies
- Provide support during the supplier screening and supplier selection process.
- Performs supplier analysis, including supplier financials and capabilities using available and defined sources of information
- Performs Sourcing and Category Management activities for projects with limited complexity
- Executes end-to-end sourcing projects for less complex categories (in alignment with the Global Manager Sourcing)
- Partner with suppliers and stakeholders to purchase goods and services at an optimal price concurrent with maintaining Boston Scientific Quality standards
- Defines and prepares sourcing event documentation inclusive of requirements, specifications, and inputs
- Support suppliers and the organization throughout the process by resolving inquiries and dispute
- Adhere to company policies, Procurement, Finance, Quality, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and all Corporate policies
- Ensure compliance with the Boston Scientific Quality System and Approved Vendor List
- Analyze frequent spend and develop recommendations for improvement in cost and process\Responsible for achieving annual cost savings and value contribution targets
- Negotiate favorable payment terms with suppliers
- Other Ad hoc or recurring assignments as the needs of stakeholders evolve
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with frequent change and ambiguity in a matrix organization
- Analytical decision making; problem solver
- Ability to deliver against targets and objectives
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Sourcing
- Working knowledge of Procurement end-to-end process
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba
- 3+ years of experience in IT Sourcing (Hardware, Software, Peripherals and Services)
- Strong presentation skills (ability to meet with internal stakeholders including Executive Level
- Medical Device Industry knowledge or experience
- Contracts Management
Requisition ID: 492258
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.