At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It’s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees – in every function, every geography and at every level – have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
Innovative. Forward-thinking. Detail-oriented.
Our Engineering teams ensure AGCO’s core brands lead the industry in every way, whether that’s through functionality enhancements, new product development or aggressively pursuing precision agriculture solutions. AGCO engineers develop high-tech solutions for professional farmers feeding the world.
Our Engineering Team has an exciting opportunity for a Reliability Engineer in Assumption, Illinois. As a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions; AGCO delivers effective, high-tech solutions for those working to feed the world’s population, from planting to storage and everything in between.
Grow with Us
As a Reliability Engineer you will have a critical role in bringing reliable new products to AGCO G&P customers. Reliability Engineers develop the methods and measures of analysis based on customer and business needs. You will perform reliability, maintainability, and testability tasks on assigned AGCO new product introduction and current products. Responsibilities include new product design analysis/modeling, reliability testing, failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action. You will be responsible for identifying risks associated with various products and technologies. The ideal candidate will be have broad experience in reliability engineering, an eagerness to learn, and high attention to detail.
What Will You Do
- Reliability Modeling: develop Reliability, Availability and Maintainability models using techniques such as Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Monte Carlo Simulation
- Perform analysis including mean-time-between-failure (MTBF) predictions; failure modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) and failure modes and effects summary (FMES); parts stress analysis, FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and built in test analysis on minor product modifications
- Responsible for producing accurate reliability analyses, suggestions and improvements, and developing reliability and validation requirements for assigned products in a timely manner
- Perform failure reporting, analysis and corrective action on assigned products including data analysis and trend analysis
- Testing and Verification: perform reliability testing, reports, charts, diagrams and analysis through product lifecycle, recommend/implement test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability and assist with defining verification and validation activities for new products
- Assist in risk management assessments of new designs and updates to release products
- Maintainability: Assist service group in the development of maintenance plans and strategies along with related documentation such as manuals, procedures and work instructions
- Data integration: review and recommend sensor coverage and integration with data systems
- Develop new reliability test specifications, procedures, acceleration models and accelerated tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Discipline. Master’s or PhD degree in related field a plus
- 7-10 years of diverse work experience in Reliability Engineering and/or Reliability Modeling
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence rather than control (project leadership/strategic direction).
- Intermediate proficiency with ERP and PLM
- Excellent oral/written communication, leadership, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Highly capable of understanding the overall picture and seeing future trends
- High attention to detail and quality, with extreme sense of urgency in meeting customer requirements and schedules.
- Exposure to reliability prediction and analysis tools such as PTC Windchill Quality Solutions
- Sound knowledge on Reliability Engineering for agricultural or similar products based on application expected
- Strong knowledge in Basics of Mechanics (Vibration, Thermal, Thermo-Mechanical, etc.) and product validation methods with regard to life time requirement and testing
- Understanding and knowledge of reliability tools, equipment, standards, and root cause analysis
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices that fit your life including: medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, a 401k match, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
A World of Opportunities
Our AGCO family lives in many places around the world with manufacturing, sales and administrative sites spanning the globe: from Finland to China, the US to Germany, France to Brazil. We are a team of more than 20,000 employees in over 35 countries. As a company, we benefit from the perspective, experience and ideas that come from our naturally diverse team. Our strong, modern brands, such as Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra, meet a wide variety of farmer needs and are well-known around the world.
Join us as we bring agriculture into the future. Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit to help us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people!
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.