Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
**This position can be located in Washington, DC; Philadelphia, PA; Wilmington, DE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The successful candidate will be recruiting talent for positions in the Amtrak Operations Organization and will primarily focus on high-volume hiring. Hiring needs are located across a variety of locations across a designated geographical region. As a member of the Amtrak Talent Acquisition team, the recruiter will partner with hiring managers and HR business partners throughout the United States. As a member of the Amtrak Talent Acquisition team, the recruiter will partner with hiring managers and HR business partners throughout their assigned functional area. While partnering with hiring managers, the recruiter will understand business and staffing requirements, provide market analysis, direct & influence recruitment process, develop local sourcing strategies, and measure and monitor the quality & cycle time in the execution of the recruiting process. Other recruiting activities/efforts may be assigned/available as needed.
The successful candidate will heavily influence the recruitment & selection process. This will include conducting thorough and timely in-take calls, committing to weekly communications with Hiring Mangers and driving the recruitment at every step of the process to fill jobs w/ qualified candidates. This role focuses heavily on the relationship with hiring managers and requires the recruiter to be highly organized, possess ample experience and genuinely thrive in managing requisitions and candidates.
- Defining hiring needs w/ hiring organization / manager
- Conduct timely and effective intake sessions with hiring manager
- Define needs, set expectations and plan for selections / interviews
- Develop quality and effective postings – translating hiring manager job descriptions & needs into effective advertisements to attract finest talent
- Identify effective sourcing strategies to support hiring a diverse slate of candidates
- Provide regular updates to the hiring manager, and/or partner with HR Business Partner as needed
- Screening & recommending candidates to hiring managers
- Develop effective prescreening questions and review resumes to match needs of the position/organization
- Facilitate and Manage candidates through the pre-hire assessment process
- Phone screen applicants (as necessary)
- Facilitate and Participate in Interviews (as necessary)
- Requires a highly organized and disciplined individual to execute recruiting in a high volume setting to meet/exceed expectations
- Must be able to build outstanding relationships w/ Hiring Managers while influencing them on best practices
- Use solid judgment and thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- May support other recruiting team activities as assigned/needed
- Comply with all employment laws/legal requirements
- Some years recruiting experience
- Demonstrated background in developing and executing recruiting process(s)
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Strong professional presence; proven ability to effectively work with internal hiring managers
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative and solving problems from an influential position in an organization
- Proven consulting skills
- Demonstrated use of independent judgment and discretion in the delivery of recruitment services
- Self-motivated, confident and able to work effectively with little supervision; consistently takes initiative, takes action, and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience with SuccessFactors – ATS system
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume recruiting, high requisition load environment
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Delaware; Maryland; Pennsylvania; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate Jobs