Alternate Locations: Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania)
Work Arrangement: Hybrid/Office
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
Requisition #: 66501
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help people take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, and guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $311 billion in end-of-period account values as of March 31, 2021. Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index, and rank among Forbes’ Best Large Employers and Best Employers for Women, and Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies. Learn more at: www.LincolnFinancial.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com.
General Purpose of Job
An exciting opportunity to join a growing team within Market Risk Management(MRM) that is responsible for the development and improvement of all modeling to support annuity risk management, hedging, investments and capital calculations. The position will be heavily involved in building sophisticated projection models that combine capital markets, actuarial and quantitative finance aspects to produce data and analytics for hedging, pricing, accounting and capital processes. The role will connect the work of this team to other business areas to help various firm wide initiatives including launching new products, understanding/incorporating regulatory changes and developing newer hedging strategies.
- Develop, maintain and act as a subject matter expert on MRM’s sophisticated projection models to measure investment guarantees and insurance liabilities under various economic scenarios.
- Hands-on modeling of asset and liability valuations and cash flows supporting company-defined hedge targets that may be economic, GAAP, statutory, or capital in nature
- Understand and communicate the connections between MRM’s models, how it impacts other areas and metrics across the firm
- Leads technical design discussions on modeling and analytics.
- Prepares and communicates complex technical documents, technical designs, unit tests, implementation plans, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Critiques, reviews and comments on the technical designs of peers and recommends enhancements to various systems under development or being currently utilized.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with internal clients and or senior management and finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. physics, mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, actuarial science, and engineering) or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors).
- Graduate degree preferred
- ASA or FSA preferred
- 5+ years of increasing experience in modeling including demonstrated solid experience and understanding of annuity products, risk management and processes.
- 3+ year experience on hands-on model development using a modern language (C++, Python, CSharp, Matlab etc) preferred
- Working knowledge of Stochastic Calculus, Monte Carlo Simulation, Financial derivatives and “Greeks”.
- Working knowledge of annuity products & marketplace, statutory and regulatory environment, US GAAP accounting of annuities, hedging strategies and mutual funds
- Self-starter with a demonstrated acquire and develop new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. track record of consistently exceeding performance expectations. #LI-AE1
Hybrid/Office : Employees will work in a Lincoln office generally three days each week and work from home the remainder of the days, following any applicable in-office training period determined by their manager.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.