Requisition Number: 45479
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Scope of Position and Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead manufacturing process development, new technology development and evaluation.
- Collaborate closely with Research, Modeling and Engineering for in-depth fundamental study.
- Lead on-line trial from experimental design, planning, execution and data analysis. Provide first principle focused inputs and facilitate problem solving using scientific method.
- Coordinate with plant, supply chain, Engineering, and other organizations on trial schedule, line time, scope and resources.
- Lead technology transfer to engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Communicate with key programs at Display to solicit inputs and ensure alignment.
- Protect Corning’s intellectual property by filing invention disclosures for patent application timely. Document all project findings in internal, structured reports.
- Support the professional growth of the engineers working on the projects.
- Master degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, chemical engineering or a related engineering field, US degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent skills in managing innovation projects and proven ability for technology transfer from R&D to engineering and manufacturing plants.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese and people skills; able to build and maintain strong linkage with R&D, Engineering, plant and commercial technologies.
- Experienced in leading cross functional and multi-disciplined teams composed of Development, Engineering and plant resources to conduct successful online trial.
- Ability to leverage theoretical analysis, modeling as well as lab experiment results and direct the online and lab technology development.
- Proficient in experiment planning and experimental data analysis.
- Has knowledge and experience in project management (small to medium scale).
- Self-starter, self- managing, results oriented and high commitment.
- Knowledge of glass surface and edge characterization techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment, multilingual a plus.
- Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions.
- Interpersonal skills engaging, enabling, and open.
- Good working attitude and willing to take challenges.