AGCO, Hesston is looking to develop a new and agile team focused on innovative technology and automation for Seeding and Tillage. The Senior Project Software Engineer for this team will be part of the entire process from concept development, design, testing and completing the process into production. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, willing to make decisions to ensure progress, and are passionate about helping design and deliver innovative solutions to help farmers feed the world.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO:
- Develop and maintain advanced control algorithms with a diverse and globally located team in an Agile environment
- Assist in the development of machine perception systems including hardware selection, writing data processing programs, and supporting field validation to ensure a holistic system implementation.
- Support the integration of new sensors into existing and new products.
- Support in-field activities such as data acquisition, testing procedures, system tuning, and training.
- Solid understanding of network communications, including CAN and Ethernet
- Proficient in programming language, C++ or Python
- Experience with or willingness to learn mobile machinery communication protocols, such as SAE J1939, ISOBUS, UDS, ODX, and OTX
- Ability to relate to a multidiscipline development team and operate with minimal oversite
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field
- 5-10 years related experience
Only 35 minutes from Wichita, Hesston is a place where industry, recreation, and family’s blossom, offering many amenities found in a larger city but in a small-town atmosphere. Hesston’s appeal goes nationwide; more than a third of the residents hail from outside the Kansas state lines.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short-term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
AGCO works tirelessly to help make today's farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 26th year in business and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. Our collection of brands is a large part of what makes AGCO so unique. Our brands are powerful and modern. They're well-known brands like Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra. They are the ones that the world looks to each and every day.
Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It’s time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.