Requisition Number: 48941
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for execution of procurement strategies to manage sourcing of quality products, equipment and services. Responsible for assured supply of materials, minimizing inventories, optimum material utilization, and supplier performance while continuously identifying and implementing opportunities to lower total cost of ownership and mitigate risk (e.g. on-time, best price, high quality).
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Champions and ensures compliance with the Global Buying Policy (GBP) along with utilization of standard Global Supply Management (GSM) source-to-pay (S2P) processes and tolls
- Promotes and proliferates appropriate utilization of buying channels and procurement tools (p-cards; e-catalogs, requisitions, and purchase orders, etc.)
- Creates and maintains contractual documents in ARIBA system (Supply Agreements/SOWs, Pricing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Certificates of Insurance (COI), etc.)
- Reviews and process purchase requisitions into PO’s in an SAP ERP system (including obtaining and examining quotations and bids)
- Works closely with requisitioners, suppliers, receiving, and Corning Shared Services (CSS) to resolve invoice issues and identify root cause and corrective action
- Supports inventory management (where applicable): Organizes, controls and minimizes materials on hand, slow moving and obsolete materials, physical inventory counters, etc.
- Responsible for all Vendor Add/Change/Maintenance requirements. Protects Intellectual Property (IP) and proprietary information.
- Responsible for all raw material purchases and works closely with Global Logistics to identify and resolve constraints according to operating priorities
- Supports plant leadership and/or GSM requests for data analysis, metrics reporting, purchasing information
- Minimal travel required (less than 5%)
Hours of Work:
- Regular office hours (Monday – Friday)
- 40+ hours per week
- AAS degree in supply chain, business, or related fields preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with procurement processes and systems
- PeopleSoft experience
- SAP experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Effective communicator both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize to complete day-to-day responsibilities
- Understanding of cable products, materials and manufacturing processes
- Thrives within both autonomous and team working atmospheres
- Champions change and embraces flexibility
- Demonstrates drive and commitment through the organization
- Green Belt Certification and/or Project Management experience
- Project Management
- Acts with integrity and authenticity
- Results oriented, self-motivated with positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- Effective team player
- Strong Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated Drive and Commitment
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Confident and Adaptable
- Values Diversity in People and Ideas
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.