Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Senior Principal IT Architect (Salesforce) is accountable for the direction, performance, and ongoing health of the application, information, and technology architecture. This role has the responsibility of designing and technically advising on the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems with an emphasis on initiatives that decrease costs and improve efficiency.
The Senior Principal IT Architect (Salesforce) advises on the integration of IT process across multiple functional areas to align with Amtrak’s business goals. The position advises services provided to multiple internal and external customers. May focus on one or more industries of high complexity.
*This role serves as a Trusted Advisor of Amtrak’s Salesforce platform in both technical and functional aspects at a program level, defining high level & detailed architecture of the platform, community and related components, maintaining architectural integrity of the application by guiding individual solution designs; will liaise with Salesforce customer success and product functions to maintain ongoing technical relationship.
*Ideal candidate will possess strong hands-on experience in Salesforce Lightning Design System, Lightning apps, APEX, Visualforce, API’s, Events, Flows & Automation. Salesforce metadata API’s, deployment methodologies, code coverage & release process. Salesforce security model, components & guideline (both declarative & programmatic). Salesforce community cloud, Salesforce Knowledge management.
*Ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following certifications: SFDC Certified Administrator, Certified Advanced Administrator, Certified Platform Developer I or II, Salesforce Community cloud consultant, SFDC System Architect or SFDC Application Architect.
- Partners with business leaders to develop an integrated IT and business strategy.
- Consults on architecture related concerns, direction, and design architecture components.
- Leads the development of the business technology plan. Incorporates solutions consistent with IT architecture
- Advises on the development and implementation of integrated IT initiatives to support business strategies
- Maintains an awareness and knowledge of internal developments and changes as well as general IT concepts, technology, architecture, and the industry as a whole
- Maintains awareness of trends in existing technologies and continually explores options for improved performance using emerging technologies
- Proposes and implements changes to Architecture necessary to keep Amtrak operating effectively and efficiently including performing routine architecture assurance reviews and providing governance standards to support the technology strategy
- Maintains legacy technologies and develops strategies to seamlessly retire and replace legacy systems
- Ensures all IT decisions have a positive impact on Amtrak, meet with the requirements of all internal and external stakeholders, and do not negatively affect the integrity of all existing IT services within Amtrak
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes
- Forecasts new skill requirements based on emerging technologies
- Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change
- Extensive relevant technical experience
- Previous experience as an Enterprise or Solution Architect
- Requires in-depth knowledge of one or more processes/services
- Relevant Architecture/Engineering Certifications
- Expert knowledge of industry and technology trends and their potential impacts to Amtrak
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in large complex companies that heavily rely on real time 24×7 IT operations to successfully service external customers
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia
Job Family/Function:Information Technology
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Corporate Jobs