Requisition ID: 240527
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/20/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values –ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants –integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
- Serves as Lead or Area Lead on assigned projects and develops the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work.
- Performs and checks calculations, and solves problems of high engineering complexity
- Review’s specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the discipline as well as from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements and actively seeks resolution
- Assists in the performance of audits
- Ensures adherence to Industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
- Provides close interface with, and promotes the understanding of, other discipline functions
- Contribute to discipline Design Criteria for engineering or design activities.
- Conduct document checking and design verification tasks in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Contribute to design documentation and deliverables such as piping flexibility and stress reports, nozzle load reports, pipe support load calculations, and specialty item data sheets such as spring supports.
- Perform and check analysis and calculations, PE stamp calculations and isometrics, conduct studies and prepare reports.
- Interface with Piping Design and Civil/Structural Disciplines.
- Developed pipe support standards and other pipe stress related specification such as expansion joints based on client requirements.
- Supervised assigned engineers and provide training to hired fresh graduates.
Experience and Qualifications
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered as a chartered Engineer is preferred
- Minimum 20+ years’ experience performing stress analysis.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as ASME B31.3, European codes and related API 610, 661, 617, 650, 560.
- Proficiency with Caesar II, Microsoft excel and word. Familiar with FEA and nozzle Pro.
- Proficiency in 3D model software such as SmartPlant Review or NavisWorks
- Experience working on lines in LNG plants, ECU units, Hydrogen, Methanol plants or/and carbon capture. (refinery, LNG, Gas processing, Petrochemical and Energy Transition such as hydrogen production, etc.)
- Perform stress analysis of critical piping for different condition such as thermal, seismic, wind, banana effect, spalling conditions, etc.
- Perform fatigue analysis of piping system for applicable no of cycles.
- Qualify equipment nozzle loads as per applicable standards and project criteria.
- Prior experience in an EPC environment.
- Experience in hangers-snubbers-struts-sway and brace-engineered supports.
- Constant and variable spring cans
- Exposure to compressors, pumps, air coolers, exchangers, and tanks.
- Knowledge of the engineering development process and typical Piping Engineering deliverables such as piping isometrics, piping line classes, line designation tables, specialty items, and material selection diagrams.
- Analyzing critical circuits such as compressor lines, reboiler, reactors, etc.
- Dynamic Analysis, Flange Leakage Check and Piping Flexibility.
- Flange and bolting analysis for flange pre-load
- Pipe Vibration assessment (high and low frequency vibration) based on Energy Institute and other methods
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
• Flexible Working
• Private Medical Coverage
• Life Insurance Program
• Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.