Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
As a Design Engineer, you will be designing and developing PCBs for use in computer, audio, and switching systems. You will be taking an active role in design decisions and product development as well as other responsibilities including Library and Change Notice tasks.
What You Will Do
- PCB layout design for digital, analog, switch-mode power supply, and mixed-signal circuits.
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical design engineers to optimize circuit performance, reduce audible noise and crosstalk, and limit electromagnetic radiation and susceptibility.
- Study new and state-of-the-art technology to continuously improve skills and share knowledge.
- Implement PCB design guidelines for high-speed, high-power, and high-density designs.
- Participate in design reviews and create footprints for new components.
What You Need
- Minimum of 5 years PCB layout design experience.
- Experience with 2 layers through 16+ layers PCB design, 3/3 trace/space, blind & buried Via-in-Pad, and .4mm BGA.
- Understanding of low-noise PCB design and signal integrity practices.
- High-speed memory interface design, including memory, DSP, and microprocessor.
- Manufacturing PCB test and DFM experience.
What is Nice to Have
- BSEE, MSEE, or additional training is a plus.
- Mentor Graphics programs: Expedition design experience.
- Familiarity with using FPGA High-Speed SERDES features and DDR3/DDR4 memory interfaces.
- Electro-mechanical packaging experience.
- Experience managing PCB fabrication process.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office in Richardson, TX
- Occassional domestic travel up to 5%.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, Harman/Kardon, etc.).
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities.
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies and extensive course catalog.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)