Location: LOC_PAH-Pennsylvania Hospital NICU
Req ID: 129151
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The Sr. Patient Service Rep is responsible for greeting patients and families, collecting & entering demographic and insurance information, collecting payments associated with services rendered and reconciliation of daily services. In addition, other duties necessary to facilitate efficient and timely services to patients and their families, such as scheduling appointments, answering phones, and obtaining appropriate insurance referrals and authorizations as needed per insurance guidelines. Responsibilities may include working with medical records, following HIPPA guidelines.
- Responsible for promptly and positively greeting patients and families, while assuring an efficient check in process and telephone encounters ;all according to pre-established practice guidelines.
- Verifying accurately entering essential patient information into the hospital registration and scheduling system with 90% accuracy.
- Reconciliation of daily services to include collection and processing of payments received, schedule follow up appointments, & enter diagnosis codes according to pre-established practice guidelines.
- Daily maintenance of patient records and provider template and daily schedules while following HIPPA guidelines.
- Other areas of responsibility may include answering telephones, daily maintenance voicemail retrieval and accurate message transcription and follow through, distribution of mail, maintaining PSR staff schedules, supervising their day to day activities and participate in PSR evaluations and evaluations, organize and PSR meetings, perform Payroll edit functions, answer billing inquiries, address parent complaints and escalating as necessary, attend and participate in monthly PL meetings, Complete all reports (i.e. Eligibility Rejection, Claim Edit, Self-Pay, ICM Care Gap Reports, Charge and Patient WQ’s, Co-Pay report etc…), Coordinate daily eligibility verifications, Reconcile drawers and make cash deposits, Order Supplies and other clerical duties as assigned.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service background
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- 3 years related healthcare, registration, physician billing, medical records and/or medical office experience.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Practical knowledge of computers
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146