Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Apply advanced engineering and Telecommunications network principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve unusually complex problems and issues. Able to be lead for cross- functional teaming to improve processes, work flows and streamlining of functions to drive efficiency within the business. Analyze complex local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment; inclusive of, planning, designing, evaluating, selecting protocol suites and configuration of network devices. Evaluate, define and determine methods and procedures, standards, requirements and recommendations of standard configurations for network elements.
The Main Responsibilities
- Analyzes local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, and evaluating network build solutions by applying proposed and approved technologies and architectures to specific requirements.
- Complex work: complex network expansion, complex relocations, complex building adds
- Create equipment layouts, design drawings, written instructions, cable running list, and installation sequences for central office and remote engineering.
- Develop and report standard engineering intervals including lead times for equipment delivery and installation. Performs workload estimates. Develops milestone schedules based on customer required service dates, material availability, functional intervals and required service dates.
- Designing Access facilities to meet requirements for transmission engineering according to telephony standards.
- Planning and monitoring ATM to Ethernet migrations, network upgrades and overlays, and circuit upgrades and rolls
- Respond to natural disasters affecting facility equipment that ensures decisions are made to replace or repair damaged plant as required.
- Project management of projects through completion.
- Actively participate in facility meetings and provides direction as priorities and requirements change.
- Maintain and update network inventory records.
- Coordinate with Developers/Builders/Building Owners/ Customers/municipalities.
- Service restoration management.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 7 years telecommunications, engineering, or network planning or equivalent in training and experience.
- Fluent on current approved products and technology.
- Proficient in PC software including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Possess an understanding of OSP and Fiber counts and configuration
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience preferred in Lumen systems: Fireworks, BidMaster, WFMT, NDS, TIRKS, ARMOR, MARTENS, and SAP.
- Experience with platforms including but not limited to ADTRAN TA5000/MX2820, Calix C7/E7/E5/E3, Central Office Lineup, Rack, and Power Management, NNET routers, Nortel DMS100/DMS10, RAD, ADTRAN MX6100, ADTRAN 1100 Series DSLAMs and Actelis copper bonding technology
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 274962
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.