Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Please note – this position may be located in Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; Wilmington, DE; New York, NY; Chicago, IL, or Central Region
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Sr. Manager of Org Design and Change Management will demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience with respect to Organizational Development content areas: Organization design, change management, organization and team effectiveness, organization diagnosis and effectiveness interventions, work process improvement, employee engagement and culture change. They can effectively diagnose large-scale organization issues, collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data as part of that analysis, generates recommendations to address change management and implementation plans. This position is part of a team that provides organization development and effectiveness support to HR Business Partners and other leaders. Primary work will consist of change management, re-designing department organization structures, advising on governance models and effective management process, job description/design.A combination of skills and experience with a good portion of the following is required: organization performance diagnosis, systems thinking, organizational change management, functional capability building, organization design, culture change, external research and benchmarking, job design, group dynamics, group process facilitation, communication planning, survey/assessment design, and a strong proficiency analyzing data to gain insight into business performance.
This position will partner with HR Business Partners and other towers within HR as well as other leaders to focus on the following:
• Building organization effectiveness
• Building workforce capability
• Organization structure and design
• Change management (working closely with the Sr. Leaders of HR Workforce Planning, Analytics, and Transformation in the execution of change management activities throughout the organization)
• Team effectiveness
• Organization Diagnosis of health and effectiveness
• Strong team building, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills. High degree of leadership and interpersonal skills, excellent communications skills, and ability to use initiative, be self-directed and use independent judgment.
• Independently design moderately complex talent management and leadership development solutions/systems leveraging knowledge of required supporting structure(s).
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge into leadership development disciplines, including performance management, succession planning, talent planning, assessments, competency development, and executive & leadership development.
• Make recommendations on use of appropriate tools for various assessment situations.
• Use talent review and data from multiple business to determine individual and organization development needs.
• Apply in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex organization issues and non-standard situations.
• Facilitate use of OD tools and techniques in support of business needs.
• Act as a key contributor to complex and/or critical Organizational Development intervention to support the HR Business Partners and function leaders.
• Create tools, models, training programs, etc. that build the capability of the Organizational Development team, the HR leaders, and the broad Amtrak organization.
• Demonstrate excellent project management skills (using the MS Project tool) in the management of large-scale organization development, talent management, and leadership development projects.
• ADKAR, SCMP, CCMP, CCMS, CMS Certification and/or equivalent change management certification
• Other HR Centers of Excellence Certifications and/or experiences
• 3-5 years of HR-related work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required
• S/PHR and/or SHRM S/CP Certification or comparable
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Delaware; Illinois; Maryland; New York; Pennsylvania; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Human Capital; Research & Strategy
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital; Research & Strategy || Corporate Jobs