Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr. Manager Data Science will work collaboratively across all business departments forming partnerships to use data science to perform descriptive/diagnostic analytics and evolving to predictive/prescriptive analytics to support growth and proﬁtability for the Field Business Operations (FBO) business unit.
The Sr. Manager Data Science will work with the organizational teams to lead FBO Operations Technology data science modeling efforts and other assigned strategic initiatives. This will include leading a team of individuals that perform in-depth data analysis and develop financial and statistical models and tools that support the long-term vision and defined strategy.
The Sr. Manager Data Science will lead a team of business professionals with responsibility for staﬀ engagement, motivation, and morale; development of direct reports and overall team growth (mentoring and coaching) and will provide timely feedback, guidance, and training to help attain departmental goals.
The Main Responsibilities
- Leads FBO Operations Technology data science initiatives by developing and driving the operational and data science requirements to create AI/ML business insights that reduce field dispatches and operational spend.
- Leads a team of operations and data science professionals that perform operational analysis, develop statistical models, tools, and corresponding assumptions used to evaluate the performance of tactical and strategic initiatives; driving change when processes and requirements are broken.
- Leads the effort in performing descriptive and diagnostic analytics to support growth and proﬁtability for FBO Operations Technology data science initiatives utilizing analytic tools to support business intelligence and advanced analytics to understand operational performance and develop actionable level insights.
- Owns the 1-N prioritization for FBO Operations Technology data science initiatives.
- Responsible for partnering with internal and external team members including Network Operations, IT, Product, Mass Markets, Enterprise, Engineering, Customer Experience, and 3rd party vendors to create a cohesive Data Science Community for Field Business Operations.
- Owns, manages, and communicates business cases, KPIs, and spend for FBO Operations Technology data science initiatives. Collaborates with business partners to ensure:
- Business cases accurately reflect the business needs and return on investment
- Statements of work outline tangible deliverables that will benefit the program(s) and organization
- Solutions are properly architected, comply with requirements, and align with project objectives
- Required level of reporting documentation and communication is available for all audiences
- Prepares executive-level presentation materials and formal business case documents to present to senior management
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 7+ years of proven experience, ideally in the telecommunications industry
- BS/BA: Analytics, Mathematics or Related Field; Computer Science, MIS, IT, Software Engineering, or related ﬁeld
- Master’s degree preferred
- Must have experience:
- Data Science, AI, Advanced Analytics, and ML
- Experience leading data science, AI, ML, and analytics teams and analytics development programs
- AI experience with a variety of data science and big data tools (R, Python, SPARK, etc.) and technology
- Cloud Platform experience
- Operations, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills both in trained model and exposure to machine learning algorithms Digital competencies, including programming and statistical analysis
- Superior organizational, communication, negotiation, attention to detail, staﬀ development and operations skills are required
- Strategic and tactical leader with the ability to direct cross-functional teams to completion of strategic ﬁnancial objectives
- Strategic – Critical thinker who continuously is pursuing next-generation transformation solutions and options
- Tactical – Collaborative and persuasive leader who is able to create a vision and lead the team to break it into smaller components for execution and business outcome
- Leadership – Decisive, pragmatic, and proactive leader who is a self-starter with proven record building teams, talent and growth planning, and coaching
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, relationship development, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills with the ability to present at the senior-most level in the business
- Ability to travel when needed (less than 50%).
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 271252
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.