Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The role is responsible to serve as a primary contact and trusted liaison between IT and business stakeholders. Provide the MES stable service, manage IT daily operation, demand engagement and implement assigned project to meet MBO and IT AOP. In addition to above works, the role also participates in plant important activities and working on site IT continuous improvement.
- Operational support metrics based on plant MBO and IT AOP
- Operation performance excellence results of assignment scope
- Individual growth on improvement of workforce productivity
- Operation compliance with IT policy and service line process
Project involved with:
- Establish and drive plant IT project portfolio and align with business objectives
- Deliver required projects on time, on scope, and on budget through project prioritization and effective resource management
- Global IT Project/ task involvement in every phase including initial/requirement/design/ Build/Test/Implementation and as receiver of plant IT.
Education & Experience
- B.E. or B.S.C degree in computer science related field
- Java and VB .Net programming skill and experience
- SQL programming skill and experience on MS SQL database and Oracle database
- 5 years of IT/MES hands-on experience in IT software development and maintenance
- Experienced working with IT systems in a 24/7 manufacturing plant environment
- Previous performance excellence experience
- Previous project management experience.