Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Senior Marketing Research Analyst plays play a pivotal role in our team’s success, integrating a thorough understanding of primary and secondary research techniques with a knowledge of marketing needs and broader business context. Building from this foundation, this individual is responsible for executing all aspects of custom marketing research projects, and uncovering strategic insights that drive informed decision making. This position focuses heavily on quantitative research, but qualitative can be leveraged to explore unknown subject areas and create the foundational understanding for quantitative design.
The Main Responsibilities
- Execute any aspect of custom marketing research: kick-offs, design, questionnaire, programming, data analysis, interviewing, reporting, & presentation.
- Leverage knowledge of methodologies to inform and improve research design achieving objectives in brand positioning, key driver analysis, conjoint/discrete choice analysis, brand trackers, campaign testing, message testing, and more.
- Develop and program research instruments from scratch, accounting for objectives, biases, respondent clarity and fatigue, and result action-ability.
- Prepare and analyze data to address strategic objectives, identify key insights, craft compelling data visualizations, and tell the guest story.
- Represent the Customer Voice through custom-built reports, presentations, and discussions, synthesizing new learnings and known insights.
- Advance the knowledge and skills of our whole team, and institutionalize best practices, to increase our impact and efficiency.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 2-3 years of marketing research experience, with wide and deep exposure across methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to execute at all stages of the marketing research life cycle, while managing competing priorities and timelines.
- Strong grasp of research data with the ability to visualize how it will come to life through design, tool development, data preparation, and reporting.
- Inquisitive, yet focused, approach to research data exploration to formulate analysis plans, synthesize findings, and develop insights that inform strategy.
- Currently developing ability to tell a compelling and approachable story with research data.
- Comfortable operating in situations with minimal technical or executional assistance beyond initial alignment, brainstorming sessions, and standard touch-bases.
- Comfortable asking probing, and sometimes challenging, questions to ensure research will meet organizational expectations and needs.
- Firm grasp of SPSS and Microsoft Office software.
- Familiar with online survey tools such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey or similar tools
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, psychology, sociology or related subject area or equivalent experience
Requisition #: 256772
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.