Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr Marketing Manager is an individual contributor, with oversight into all social and content work. This role is responsible for the successful implementation of all Residential marketing social posting and content creation as it supports Lumen’s mission and business objectives. This role is directly responsible for customer engagement, traffic from social and new customer acquisition through content strategy and social media optimization.
The Sr Marketing Manager will be a subject matter expert in all things social media and content creation, and will directly execute our social and content efforts across the consumer line of business and must be comfortable collaborating across teams to achieve goals. The Social Media & Content Manager will create and distribute content across social media platforms, maintaining tight project deadlines, analyzing data to drive decisions, and optimizing content based on goals.
The Main Responsibilities
- Execute and implement approved social media and content strategy, partnering with agencies to deliver program materials on time and on budget.
- Understand and leverage our entire suite of social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Monitor conversations and work with customer support and corporate marketing, when needed, to address customer concerns. Audit the types of conversations in order to drive more specific follow up with regards to content creation.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Online Manager in creating an editorial calendar marrying promotional activity with current content to enhance communications and drive better engagement.
- Provide a monthly report of metrics: revenue, new accounts, engagement, shares and likes, both for social media and for content.
- Monitor the competition through social listening, mapping suggestions for improvements and capitalizing on trends as they emerge.
- Understands specifics of product details (not at the level of product developers), but enough to ensure all work provides clear, accurate and compliant information.
- Comply with policy and best practice for handling social media. Regularly connect with others across the organization especially those with direct responsibility for social channels.
- Create, manage and post content consistent with CenturyLink’s messaging framework and policies. Recommend content ideas.
- Daily social posting.
- Contribute to content writing, following Lumen’s approved messaging framework and content creation policies. Ensure proper approvals are received and recorded.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in the technology industry.
- Passion for technology and results driven.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to effectively develop marketing programs that are relevant and beneficial for both the customer and the business.
- Deep understanding and expertise in social media marketing and content creation. Familiarity with SocialStudio and CMS a plus.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Video production a plus.
- BA/BS degree required.
Requisition #: 265647
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.