Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Project Manager is the primary single point of contact for large-scale deployments with significant complexity, unique requirements or that qualify as a “Special”. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the customer’s implementation to meet scope, timing and budget expectations and overall project outcomes. This role participates in and leads the completion of complex solutions to meet customer needs & is engaged according to PMO criteria and standards.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develop, plan and manage implementation of activities for highly complex projects/programs for external/internal customers.
- Accountable for timely project completion and delivery.
- Analyzes work plans and schedules.
- Responsible for resource requirements/allocation.
- Develops project progress and status reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate project meetings. Develop and distribute timely meeting minutes, to include track/manage action items and verify they are incorporated into the program schedule and that deliverables are met on time.
- Lead efforts to Assess/Manage risk, impacts and potential alternatives and escalate as required to the appropriate level of management.
- Set program objectives and establish clear measures to successfully define and meet project deliverables and timelines. Utilize the change control process to track schedule changes.
- Acts as project team leader, accountable for successful overall project completion.
- Through partnership with other staff organizations, define Key Performance Indicators (KPI), training, process standards, policies, and procedures. Associated with complex projects.
- Provide executive level status updates.
- Ensure adherence to project related policies and processes
- Lifecycle management of critical or multiple site deployments
- Reiterate scope, roles/responsibilities and schedule on a regular basis and provide team members a single point of contact for all project issues
- Employs judgment to make business decisions about things that will impact the project, customer or company. Has the authority to stop activities from proceeding when continuing to move forward would have a negative impact
- Responsible for identifying and ensuring participation of all required internal and vendor resources to ensure the on-time delivery of sold services within budgetary guidelines.
- Negotiates due dates based on resource/network availability to maintain Lumen’s profitability and to meet customer requirements.
- Acts as customer facing single point of contact during the life of the project. Often dedicated to strategic global customers for repeat business.
- Identifies additional sales opportunities and engages Sales organization as appropriate. Performance in part, is measured based on customer surveys completed upon delivery of services.
- Understands project goals and objectives as it relates to customer’s business strategies and long term needs. Deliverables include project assessment, team formation, schedule preparation, status/jeopardy reports, risk analysis, project status reports, and post implementation analysis.
- Acts as mentor and team leader to other teammates
- Has the authority to drive work and escalate to the senior levels of the company to ensure projects are completed within specified due dates.
- Uses creative approach in negotiating & problem solving
- Works with leadership to provide input on strategic and complex projects
- Manages programs across multiple complex pillars and supervises other project managers across organizations from pre-delivery (e.g. Product) through delivery organizations, and into post-delivery (e.g., Service Assurance)
- Participates in Request for Proposal (RFP) responses and face to face customer meetings to assist Sales team with winning new business.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years of related experience
- Implementation experience with multiple of the following technologies: DWDM, Transport/Waves, MPLS, Managed Services, Voice (PRI, SIP, Porting, etc.), Security, SD WAN, Managed Enterprise Services, Meraki.
- PMP Certification
- Experience leading multiple complex projects in the technology industry
- PMP, PRINCE2, PgMP, or PMI-ACP Certification
- 10+ years in project management experience
- Master’s Degree
Requisition #: 276954
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min $85230 Salary Max $189360
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting https://lumenbenefits.com.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.