Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As the Sr Lead Product Manager – Multi Edge Managed Services, you are accountable for product development feature decisions in the multi edge management ART. You own and prioritize the multi edge management ART program’s backlog of features, collaborating with epic owners and product owners to provide development teams with detailed requirements for them to create outstanding customer value. Work independently and collaboratively on feature releases having high impact on customer and business goals meeting evolving needs, goals, and timelines.
• Understanding of public/private clouds, application stacks, Kubernetes, CI/CD automation tools, infrastructure as code tools, workload monitoring and management.
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
• Excellent planning, facilitation, and organizational skills
• Ability to influence technical and non-technical partners
• Ability to be a product evangelist
• Proficiency of the product management discipline
• Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
• Ability to be innovative, creative and think “outside the box”
• Ability to translate customer needs into desired product features
• Understanding of SAFe agile methodologies
• Ability to plan for and coordinate dependencies across teams
• Experience with backlog management/agile development tools (Jira
The Main Responsibilities
Responsibilities Of This Position Will Include The Following
- Collaborate with the business owner and epic owners in the Multi Edge Managed Services team to understand customer needs, author features, and validate solutions.
- Gather data from qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform roadmap
- Work with business owners, epic owners, and product owners to prioritize features, organize product increments, and present product roadmaps and release plans
- Guide work through the ART, and communicates the Multi Edge Managed Services product team’s product vision and roadmap within the ART.
- Match product features & functionality with available resources within IT, Operations, and Technology, while balancing the market needs & expectations.
- Participate in solution strategy process to ensure that solutions being defined align with increment goals
- Define release and Program Increments (PI).
- Defines the objectives for the PI and assigns value to capabilities/features.
- Participate in Pre- and Post-PI Planning.
- Participate as a technical leader across the Agile teams, providing team members and management with focused proactive leadership and feedback when project tasks and timelines are negatively/positively impacted.
- Participate in demos and inspect and adapt.
- Collaborate with Release Management.
- Confirm work is completed during a post-production release review
- Mediate and translate between development teams and end users and enables realization of value benefit.
What We Look For in a Candidate
Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, engineering discipline or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- 10+ years of relevant IT services experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with cloud services
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working on a product team preferred
- Previous experience in hands-on technology role preferred
- Experience working in a SAFE agile development environment preferred
Nice To Have Experience
- Experience in the field of software platform products and services
- Experience working with UI/UX designers
- Experience with driving user adoption of a digital product
Requisition #: 256718
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.