Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr. SAP HANA Basis administrator responsible for the on-going discovery, analysis, and overall recommendation for cost alignment initiatives associated with the IT Services and New Market Development organization. The candidate for this role should be capable of documenting the decision-making criteria for a business decision.
The Sr. SAP HANA Basis administration is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial technology experience across multiple Industry verticals and cloud. The candidate must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration, and implementation of specified technological areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks. The candidate should have an advanced understanding of SAP products/components, analytics, public cloud architecture, SAP application migrations to public cloud, upgrades, support services, web and mobile application management. The lead will provide enterprise level reference architecture for SAP landscape, HANA architecture, HA and DR capabilities, design and strategy to move SAP landscape to public cloud and multi-cloud management. .
The Main Responsibilities
- Participate in large-scale data center moves, involving multiple groups both internally and externally, assessment consolidation transformation engagements from kickoff to closure
- Define and document SAP architecture, capturing Technical (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates, and defining technical solutions
- Provide technical leadership in SAP Basis area to the integrated project team throughout all phases of SDLC activities, starting from requirements analysis and design through deployment.
- Provide technical guidance, perform reviews of software and project artifacts, work with the team to prevent and resolve technical issues for SAP application.
- Contribute SAP projects technical delivery (SAP Basis & Solution manager) and migration projects
- Support design discussion with executives by assist to prepare solutions and highlights benefits and risks documents
- Support SAP application monitoring with SAP Solution manager configuration
- Accountable for the engineering of technical solutions in support of the program.
- Provide input, expertise, and implement changes into the design, development and improvement of service offerings and back-office procedures
- Pre-Sales Support: as required, support SAP application upgrade, conversion & migration, AMS Practice Managers and Solution Consultants with technical opinions, methodology recommendations, Best practices, ITIL Support framework estimates, and solution support.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent education and experience
- Strong SAP technical content leader who can drive strategic, tactical, and operational discussions.
- 7+ years in SAP Basis administration experience of SAP component implementation/ upgrade/migration and HANA architecture expertise.
- Must have experience with SAP Solution Manager Managed system configuration, Monitoring and EWA setup, SM troubleshooting, Monitoring template update/creation, Mandatory configuration, SAProuter designing, deployment & maintenance
- Preferred candidate with Certified NetWeaver O/s and DB migration and/or HANA Technology
- Experience with large SAP migrations and upgrades with SAP High Availability Architectures
- 3+ years of systems analysis, design of SAP landscape migration experience
- 2+ project experience with SAP landscape migration from on-premise to private hosted solution or public cloud
- 1+ migration project experience with SAP AnyDB to SOH or S/4HANA
- Preferred multi cloud knowledge and experience and certification
Requisition #: 257624
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
● Have been in your current role, and employed by Lumen, for a minimum of twelve months.
● Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
● Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
● Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).