Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Sr Lead Client Partner, your primary objective of this sales position is to acquire and grow new revenue in the Smart Tech and Start Up vertical as an overlay sales leader in charge of the overall region. Desired result is acquiring new monthly recurring revenue at or above assigned growth and incremental revenue targets. Key function is establishing working relationship with the region’s direct and channel sales account teams, prospecting, qualifying, and closing new customers for Lumen, including Digital Buying Solutions, Advisory Consulting Packages, voice and data network, CPE, applications and cloud solutions.
The Main Responsibilities
- Sell Lumen Solution Portfolio including Digital Buying services, Start Up Advisory Packages, managed services, business services, business software and/or any outsourced solution.
- Develop and maintain relationships from the operational through the ‘C’ level in the pursuit of sales inside of Smart tech and Start Up prospects and clients.
- Execute 2x Monthly Marketing campaigns in support of lead gen efforts
- Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas, maintain existing and build new revenue within a designated region.
- Provide superior technology and solution knowledge of all Lumen services on a day to day basis.
- Build and maintain accurate and up to date strategic Vertical account plans associated with regional managed services sales opportunities.
- Partner with Lumen GMs, Sales Directors, account managers and customers through a strategic and consultative sales approach to understand their business needs, issues, strategies, and priorities to deliver a value-adding managed services solution.
- Manage sales funnel to analyze and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against assigned quotas.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in selling complex IT infrastructure solutions to Start Up Vertical, Hi Tech and Smart Tech businesses.
- Ability to matrix manage a team of Sales Directors in different regions
- Demonstrated success in applying consultative selling techniques to opportunities.
- Proven and verifiable track record in exceeding sales quotas.
- Strong communication skills and presence in communicating with Executives.
- Technical sales certifications
- Consultative or solutions selling training (Miller Heiman, Sandler,etc.)
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of high-level client relationships
- Demonstrated experience selling a combination of the following strongly preferred: Cloud Computing Services, Managed Hosting, Managed Security, Cloud Solutions (laaS), Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, IT Infrastructure Services/Outsourcing, IT Consulting, Outsourcing services, Co-location
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined and provide prompt follow-up to all customer inquiries.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to present in both small and large group settings.
- Must have a polished, professional presentation.
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily activities and results.
- Strong organizational skills imperative.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitors.
Requisition #: 246931
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.