There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Sr JAVA Tech Lead
Primary Location: Mexico (MX)
Function: Information Technology
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company’s portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it’s been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company’s 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere’s ongoing investment in emerging markets.
As a Senior Software Engineer in John Deere Supply Chain Solutions, you will get the opportunity to work on large-scale global web applications in a Fortune 500 company that is regularly ranked among the best companies to work for. Employees joining our development teams will immediately be immersed in a culture where we emphasize personal and professional growth.
This position will be on the Cost Management product team, which supports +$200 million annual cost reduction targets of our business partners on approximately $15B in annual expenditures from 17,000 suppliers globally. In this position, you will be responsible for collaborating with other Software Engineers to drive application development and design to meet the Cost Management business requirements for the applications within the product scope. In addition, you will:
- Work as an active member of the Cost Management Agile development team
- Participate in discussions with the team and extended functional teams to design and develop technical solutions to satisfy business requirements
- Lead analysis and design of solutions to improve quality and performance
- Lead root cause analysis and resolution of production support issues
- Mentor junior developers and perform proper code reviews
- Provide architectural guidance for future direction of product team, including cloud migration/utilization.
What Skills You Need:
- 7+ years of experience with applications development environment, database, data administration and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- 3+ years’ experience with Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Test Automation
- 3+ years’ experience with CI/CD build processes and configuration
- 2+ years’ experience working with service-oriented architecture
- Proven ability to work in a development environment without direct instructions from management
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience driving technical direction and strategy
- 5+ years of experience working on large program initiatives and support of large project implementations
- 7+ years of varied DB experience (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, NoSQL, MySql, DB2, Postgres)
- 2+ years’ experience working with REST web services and APIs
- Experience designing and working with cloud technologies, preferably Amazon Web Services platform
- Understanding of Supply Management processes.
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
John Deere–a proven business leader– watch your potential grow.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have the necessary work permits to work in the country.