BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Senior IT Security Engineer – Cyber Threat and Vulnerability
*we will consider remote candidates for this opportunity
We are looking for a highly passionate, proactive and technical individual to join our Cyber Threat and Vulnerability Management Team. This is a senior individual contributor role within the Threat Operations Team of BJS Information Security, responsible for delivering and optimizing vulnerability detection and threat response processes. This is not a SOC role and does not entail shift work
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Oversee the vulnerability management program, including scanning and analysis, working closely with peers in infrastructure and applications to ensure closed-loop remediation process and comprehensive consistent scanning
- Devise and track meaningful metrics and trends pertaining to the vulnerabilities and remediation efforts
- Drive continuous improvement and strategy in the vulnerability management process and technology ecosystem
- Lead, facilitate, and track monthly/ad-hoc meetings with numerous IT, security groups, and executives
- Ability to recommend customized assessment action plans when newly identified threats from either intelligence feeds, mainstream media, or internal logging occur
- Provide priorities and force ranked vulnerabilities to internal teams to ensure efficiencies and quickest remediation paths
- Ensure vulnerability intelligence is gathered and adjusted over time for high awareness of new threats
- Work with business areas, compliance, and audit for customized reporting
- Critical thinking and enhancing vulnerability severity scores by factoring in our Security Ecosystem, Architecture, and mitigating controls to result in residual risk ratings
- Incorporate vulnerability management into the overall Threat Operations and Security Function workflows
- Assist with off-hours and on-call escalation as needed
- Create and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures
- Maintain a strong awareness and understanding of the current threat landscape
- Research emerging security threats and potential impact
- Research emerging security tools to meet organizational needs
- Minimum 3 years hands-on technical experience delivering vulnerability management and threat response processes
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- Self-starter who can work independently in accordance with a strategic direction, while working as part of a small team.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a dynamic evolving environment
- Possess a strong background in major operating systems and cloud platforms
- Experience with PCI and familiarity with other compliance regulations and security frameworks, including SOX, HIPAA, NIST, and MITRE
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Experience with IDS, IPS, Sand-boxing technologies, email security, URL filtering, and Endpoint security controls preferred
Previous hands-on experience with any of the following highly desired: Tenable, IBM QRADAR, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike EDR, Netskope, Metasploit, and Tripwire
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.