Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
As the Sr. Inventory Control Analyst, you will be managing and executing inventory strategies. The goal is to increase customer fill rates while reducing overall inventory to free up working capital. You will be working closely with manufacturing, sales operations, engineering, and finance leaders to plan, organize, direct, and technically support effective inventory planning & control. You will be owning long-term strategic inventory management projects, weekly inventory forecasting, and reporting. Also, implementing and reviewing processes to maintain inventory integrity to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum value to the group. You will be analyzing and disposing of excess inventory and make recommendations for reducing and controlling inventory across multiple brands. In this role, you will use your analytical skills to help automate inventory reports and analytics in multiple Harman business systems.
What You Will Do
- Work with manufacturing, sales operations, and finance controllers to develop production and inventory control strategies using ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Develop and administer inventory model to monitor trends, simulate future plans, and implement countermeasures.
- Produce Statistical Management Information and KPI’s measuring Inventory performance and service levels provided to each customer.
- Partner with Finance to own and improve BI inventory reporting including analyzing data from multiple ERP/MRP systems.
- Analyze excess inventory by region and make recommendations for reducing excess and obsolete material including coordination of movement of excess material while identifying root cause of inventory discrepancies in the warehouse and factories.
- Review open PO’s & coordinate with Procurement on excess and end-of-life materials.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain and / or inventory management.
- Minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of computer skills, especially Excel (and all other Microsoft Office applications).
- Knowledge of SAP and/or other ERP/MRP.
What is Nice to Have
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience in inventory management or sales operations.
- Experience in automating reports and analyses.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10%, domestic and international travel once travel restrictions are lifted.
- Be willing to work in Northridge, CA.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment.
What We Offer
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)