WillScot (NASDAQ WSC) is the industry leader in providing storage solutions and modular workplace solutions to customers across North America. We serve ~50,000 customers with space solution needs daily, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation, a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry’s most talented staff and management team. Our values guide us to achieving our true potential and create an inclusive work environment which allows every person to thrive.
The key objective of the Sr. Indirect Tax Analyst, reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager is to support all areas in the Indirect Tax function, including but not limited to Sales & Use Tax, Personal Property Tax, Real Property Tax, and Business License reporting.
- Assists in the preparation/coordination of state and local Indirect Tax returns (US & Canada) with third party providers in order to ensure accurate and timely filings.
- Performs detailed level reviews of fixed assets within the Fixed Asset Ledger and reconciliations to third party prepared and filed Personal Property Tax filings.
- Works to address Sales and Use Tax and Personal Property Tax notices from taxing authorities in a timely manner.
- Prepares monthly Indirect Tax account reconciliations and internal/external SOX control requirements.
- Processes application of customer tax exemptions certificates and issuance of tax exemption certificates to vendors.
- Assists in the resolution of all Indirect Tax issues with state and local taxing authorities.
- Assists with state and local Indirect Tax audits.
- Identifies opportunities for deployment of technology in automating all appropriate aspects of the Indirect Tax function.
- Performs adhoc Indirect Tax research projects as needed.
- Resolves and/or oversees the resolution of all Indirect Tax issues/items from corporate and branch/field teammates.
- Oversees preparation of business licenses as applicable and business license renewals.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
2-3 years of relevant experience related to:
- Indirect Tax laws and regulations
- Indirect Tax compliance requirements – specifically sales and use tax & personal property tax
- Business License reporting and requirements
- Basic Accounting principles as they relate to Indirect Tax
- Knowledge and experience surrounding Indirect Tax state and local audits
B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
Excellent organizational change-management skills operating in matrix or other ambiguous, complex organizational structure
Demonstrates an ability to successfully manage multiple priorities/projects, oversee/coordinate complex projects, and develop and implement solutions to tax related business issues.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other related Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook, etc.) Knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Excel pivot tables and vlookups is required.
Ability to reconcile data and apply best-practices surrounding Indirect Tax issues/items to current role once hired.
Experience with SAP, Vertex, and/or Salesforce or comparable billing software is a requirement.
WillScot, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. WillScot takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.