Auto req ID: 7603
Title: Sr HR Generalist
Job Function: Human Resources
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our plant in Tomahawk, WI manufactures, finishes and ships windshields, composite and plastic parts to our final assembly plants. Join us as a Sr HR Generalist.
This position works in collaboration with the assigned HR department and leadership to ensure organizational goals are aligned. It is responsible for the development and application of fair and consistent selection systems, policies, and programs in the area of salaried and hourly recruitment, human resource planning, compensation, employee and labor relations for assigned groups. This position leads through influence, with all levels of management to ensure processes are followed and good faith efforts are achieved. It understands and apply principles, concepts, practices and theories in assigned areas. This position actively develops others to maximize skill sets and exceed customer expectations.
- Compensation: Working with Compensation and Benefits, conducts job and compensation analysis and makes recommendations to stakeholders. Assures consistent application for guidelines on employee- related processes, such as requisitions and job postings. May assist in gathering market data for positions.
- EEO / Affirmative Action: Works with ER / LR COE to proactively develop affirmative recruitment strategies to ensure a diverse applicant pool and that EEO goals are attained. Works with the business to take action to address areas of concern with respect to female and/or minority placement rates. Participates in investigation procedures for internal and external complaints.
- Employee Relations: Fosters and improves employee development processes that emphasize process standardization, internal customer needs, and future business needs. Specific emphasis will be on the following: Understanding of people planning strategies and how to integrate into current practices and policies; Incorporate corporate compensation strategies into local people development practices; Coordination with key leadership; providing guidance and expertise in long-term leadership development; Can lead difficult or challenging performance management activities that balance employee and business recruitment; Establish and maintain productive relationships with all employees in order to best serve their respective needs, as well as address and facilitate the resolution of employee complaints and other employee related issues. Takes established company policies regarding performance management, succession planning, career management, and integrates corresponding HR strategies into business plans and objectives.
- HR Planning: In collaboration with leadership of assigned group(s), develops and implements innovative recruitment strategies for hourly, technical, professional, and management positions that advance the strategic HR initiatives. Participate in strategic planning for staffing needs for the entire facility. Collaborates to set specific plans for team-based HR goals. Employee participates in strategic planning for staffing needs for the entire facility or function. Employee collaborates to set specific plans for team-based HR goals.
- Recruitment Process: Assists Talent Acquisition COE in developing systems and processes to insure fair, legal, effective selection and placement of salaried personnel including; establishing recruitment sources, conducting field recruiting, developing effective advertising strategies, and recommending compensation levels for new employees.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- HR Certification (SPHR, PHR, CP or SCP) is desired.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated competence in recruiting and placement for various level positions; knowledge of professional guidelines in selection procedures, equal employment opportunity law and affirmative action compliance requirements, as well as labor standards and labor relations principals.
- Ability to apply conceptual, innovative thinking processes to the practical implementation of systems; Ability to be forward thinking and strategic with respect to HR processes and systems, creating a climate for change.
- Ability to influence in the organization to affect change.
- Understanding of basic principles of compensation theory.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, insight into group dynamics, high tolerance for ambiguity and change, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed, flexible and able to prioritize work.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong plus.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 – 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance