Location Name: Various, Various
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: Various, Various, Various, United States (US), Various
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
**This position can be seated in San Antonio, TX OR Findlay, OH. Relocation is offered for this position, per mileage requirements.**
The Sr Fixed Asset Tax Analyst role is responsible for: preparing fixed asset reconciliations and tax lives/conventions/methods review; assisting with the tax compliance and quarterly provision work; and providing tax support to management and operations. The analyst performs multiple tasks and collaborates with internal and external organizations. This position reports to the Tax Fixed Assets/SAP Consultant and will support the Corporate, Partnership, and International income tax groups on all fixed asset workstreams.
- Prepare, analyze, and reconcile fixed assets as reported in SAP for all Tax, State, AMT and E&P books
- Prepare and analyze tax workpapers to support the compliance and provision processes
- Liaise with accounting, operations, and other departments to ensure the efficient, accurate, and timely filing of income tax returns
- Support the quarterly provision process through preparation of tax workpapers and forecasts
- Assist with tax analysis of lease accounting, capitalized interest, and other fixed asset reconciliation items
- Work on time sensitive, confidential projects
- Expand tax knowledge and maintain certification by completion of continuing education
- Work with the audit team to compile data to support audit responses and requests for information from taxing authorities
- Support research of tax compliance issues and planning matters
- Support tax technology initiatives and creation of data workflows in the fixed asset function
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Accounting
- 7+ years of tax experience. Fixed asset general ledger system experience is preferred. Pay will be based upon relevant experience
- CPA preferred or have plans to become a CPA
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and Tax fixed asset methods
- Ability to analyze data, identify issues, and develop solutions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making as well as work in a large corporate team environment
- Experience with tax software, research software, general ledger systems (SAP preferred), and proficient with excel
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.