Scope of Position:
- Identify and Support Workplace Services (WPS) capital & expense Electrical projects.
- Interact with multiple departments and various levels of personnel to gather VOC, develop the PI sheet, and then the Scope of Work (SOW) for each project.
- Specify, review, analyze, and/or commission electrical systems and equipment
- Engage appropriate resources to then design, plan, and support electrical projects.
- Develop and support electrical maintenance budgets and participate in forecasting and allocating funds.
- Influence long term thinking and planning when engaged in reviewing proposed facility changes or improvements.
- Provide visible leadership to coordinate, schedule, and communicate project and maintenance activities.
- Provide firm leadership to ensure a safe work environment and minimal process disruption to the customer’s during maintenance and project activities.
- Become Subject Matter Expert with process and facility infrastructure systems, such as HVAC, Electric, Piping, etc., and engage and utilize system owners when needed along with existing processes (i.e.: change control process) to approve, validate, and document needed infrastructure changes.
- Interact and participate in various WPS projects or events as needed.
- Work in collaboratively with Corning Program Managers, equipment suppliers, facility managers, and other project partners, as well as the group director and customer organizations management teams
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- During project or maintenance work, provide direction to contractors or maintenance personnel in the construction, installation, commissioning, testing, and/or troubleshooting of electrical infrastructure.
- Obtain and provide estimated costs for maintenance and project support.
- Provide alternatives or suggestions to minimize spend and maximize value.
- Create or provide equipment or process documentation as needed.
- Attend periodic department or management meetings to provide project updates.
- Provide Electrical Engineering support, problem solving expertise, and corrective action support.
- Coach and mentor engineering personnel as appropriate to build and leverage skill sets to enhance effectiveness of WPS engineering team.
- Own / maintain the electrical safety and design standards for the division
- Review system change requests (SCRs) for electrical systems, approve/deny as appropriate
- Lead electrical safety teams
- Perform and/or review power system studies, load flow/short circuit analysis and relay coordination studies for Corning’s facility-utility interconnection and internal power distribution systems.
- Specify, program, and/or analyze power system data from SCADA, power quality meters, or other equipment
- Support Maintenance Management Systems deployment
- Specify and/or review Preventative Maintenance systems
- Conduct failure analysis of power system equipment • Oversee equipment installation, commissioning and/or decommissioning of electrical systems and equipment
- Monitor and report on KPIs for electrical systems and electrical engineering group
- Work collaboratively with Corning utility suppliers, facility managers, and other project partners
- Provide second level support of electrical system for Corning facilities with root cause analysis.
Required Education & Years of Experience:
- Electrical Engineering (EE or EET) Bachelor’s degree required with focus on power and power distribution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with electrical power infrastructure and Medium Voltage electrical distribution systems.
Required Skills or Experience:
- Ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with tact; make decisions and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Experience with electrical infrastructure design, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Detailed Planning and organization skills.
- Experience working with Architectural and Engineering (A&E) firms, working with and directing contractors, from the bid process through project completion
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering designs and provide needed direction or input to project management or customers.
- Project leadership/support experience including developing and writing scopes of work, writing of Appropriation Request’s, and budget tracking.
- Ability to work independently, or in teams
- Ability to learn quickly and understand new types of processes or needs, and then make the appropriate decisions with recommended actions
- Proficient with PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office (ex: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Microsoft Project)
- Subject Matter Expertise with NEC/NFPA 70E code requirements.
- Must be well organized and capable of handling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Must be results oriented, self-starter, requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to update & maintain electrical design standards.
- Experience with working with Corning Trades
- Familiarity with AUTO-CAD and SKM software
- Familiarity with LEED, NYSERDA, and/or other energy sustainability resources
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
- Customer focused with good networking and Solid Influencing skills
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Out-going personality
- Team player
- Good motivational skills
- Good written and communications skills
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work independently or in teams
- Detail oriented
- Minimal travel outside Corning Valley
Hours of Work:
- Std. 40-hour week + occasional overtime and weekend work as needed to support responsibilities.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.