Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role:
The Senior EHS Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all applicable regulations pertaining to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS). This role will drive and manage EHS continual improvement project initiatives, leveraging engagement and contributions from EHS colleagues, internal stakeholders and/or external resources.
- Advocate for EHS as a core value at Boston Scientific and represent the EHS Team as a safety professional with internal customers including manufacturing, process development, and research and development laboratories.
- Proactively work to minimize risk and prevent workplace injuries, identifying opportunities for continual improvement and spearheading projects and initiatives, including leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Provide support to ensure site compliance with safety programs, policies, procedures and training. Develop and implement new EHS programs, policies, procedures, and training as required by business changes (i.e. transfer and acquisition impacts).
- Lead incident investigation and after-action reviews with a focus on root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action.
- Conduct EH&S compliance audits, self-assessments, and inspections throughout the facilities. Take effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable local, national and state regulations, as well as conform with internal policies and program requirements.
- Participate in regulatory inspections and serve as liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Serve on the facility Emergency Response teams, including chemical and medical.
- Chair or serve on EHS-related committees, task forces and/or cross-functional teams.
- Lead and/or participate in the administration of site ISO45001 Health & Safety Management System, including management of risks, identification and implementation of opportunities, documentation and internal/external audit facilitation.
- Conduct process, equipment and chemical risk assessments, identify compliance concerns, program non-conformities or opportunities for improvement; collaborate with process owners to develop and implement corrective action including engineering controls as applicable.
- Provide regulatory guidance and safety recommendations for process, equipment and facility infrastructure design.
- Conduct ongoing regulatory compliance activity, coordinated work efforts and recordkeeping related to: chemical exposure monitoring (industrial hygiene), confined spaces, electrical safety, emergency action planning, equipment safety (machine guarding), fire prevention, chemical hygiene / lab safety, laser safety, respiratory protection and safe facility design.
- Track key EHS metrics and communicate status at the site and global company level on a regular basis.
- Connect with and maintain working relationships related to contracted/vended safety consultants or services.
- Bachelor’s in Occupational Health, Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering, Safety Management or related degree.
- 10+ years’ experience related to EHS, safety focus.
- Working experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Working experience independently leading cross-functional project teams.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), and/or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM).
- Working experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device or electronics industries.
- Working experience in controlled environment / clean manufacturing / quality management system controlled setting.
- Ergonomic risk reduction experience in manufacturing, laboratory or office setting.
- ISO45001 Health & Safety Management System experience
- DOT Hazardous Materials General Awareness (Title 49 CFR, Part 172, Subpart H) certificate
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certificate
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Management (Title 40 CFR, Part 265) certificate
- Emergency incident command experience
- Other relevant training and/or certifications
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 496598