Job ID: BDH20161111-37281
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Our facility in Goleta, CA is seeking an Engineering Technician (Project Employee) with relevant aerospace industry experience working on small, medium and/or large government and commercial programs.
Must be able to read and follow written instruction as well as interpret and apply technical drawing views and notes.
• Must be organized and accountable for personal workload.
• Must be diligence in maintaining paperwork associated with hardware assemblies so as to maintain traceability.
• Requires experience following procedures but also able to work with engineers to create new processes.
• Knowledgeable with structural bonding and application of coatings using various epoxy and silicone adhesive products.
• Working level understanding of force, torque, and precision hand tools.
• Organizational ability to follow, or determine, optimum order of assembly for complex structures and devices.
• Familiarity with electrical harness assemblies is preferred, including ability to interpret and work to electrical assembly schematics as well as basic electrical tests such as continuity and insulation resistance.
• 4 years or more documented experience in technical work. Aerospace experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equal – Junior college, trade school or university preferred.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.