Requisition Number: 52317
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
The Technology Introduction team is responsible for the deployment of In-Building Radio Access Network (RAN) solutions to wireless Operators and channel partners. The Technology Introduction team works with Corning’s customers to develop product verification strategies and deploy Corning RAN solutions in Operator labs, field trials, commercial trials, qualification and First Office Application (FOA/FFA) in commercial networks. They are responsible for end-to-end support, deployment and operational activities for the Corning RAN solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated and resourceful individual in the North American market to support a large Tier-1 Operator. The successful candidate will need to provide professional on/off-site support as well as provide remote support for customers augmenting the Wireless Field Engineering team. As a Sr. Engineer with deep subject matter expertise, the candidate is also expected to work on POCs, Field Trials, Special Projects, Complex Field Deployments and Escalations.
- Provide direct deployment, integration and problem resolution support to local customer and installation resources
- Located in the geographic area of the country to interface with customer labs as the first escalation point for all validation/verification and technical support requests
- Collaborate with technical leads from Corning’s customers to drive solution requirements for lab trials, early market trials and FOAs/FFAs
- Define all requirements for the installation of Corning’s equipment in the Operator’s lab and commercial network
- Develop solution verification test plan to be executed at the Operator’s facility in time frames required
- Execute the verification plan with the Operator and report results to all stakeholders on a periodic basis
- Work with Corning RAN support and R&D Technology teams to resolve issues identified during the solution verification
- Obtain acceptance of the solution from the Operator in accordance with milestones
- Writing and validating customer Method of Procedures (MOPs) for all new Corning hardware and software being integrated into the customer network
- Provide technical leadership, knowledge transfer and demonstrations to customer operations teams and partners, as well as internal Field Engineering teams
- Manage relationships and communicate effectively with external and internal customers
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering, computer science or a closely related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in mobile infrastructure technology deployments including systems architecture, deployment, troubleshooting and network operations
- Experience with field deployment, acceptance processes, and support services
- Experience and knowledge of deploying Wireless solutions is a must (small cell or macro)
- A demonstrated ability to learn new products and/or technologies in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Detailed and strong background in Wireless, Mobility, Cellular, TCP/IP Networking, RF Engineering or System Performance
- Familiarity of 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards and best practices
- Detailed knowledge of IP Protocols including IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, routing and network protocols
- Understanding of Cellular technologies and trends
- A technical understanding of networking protocols and security mechanisms, such as SNMP, SIP, TR-069, SSL/TLS, LDAP, Radius, SOAP/XML
- Understanding of carrier network architectures used today to deliver data/voice/video services
- Ability to effectively communicate various levels in the organization through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
- Must be able to work from a remote/home office location efficiently Equivalent Job in COC
- Wireless RAN TIER-3 Customer Support Engineer
- Expertise with Customer Service Ticketing Systems (i.e., Sales Force, CRM)
- Knowledge of scripting or Secure CRT automation expertise
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications a plus
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.