Additional Work Location(s) :
Well versed with Networking fundamentals, who will be responsible for the product development for Advanced Networking products with quality and by following the engineering practices. The candidate should be a team player who should be able to code, do the peer code review, defect fixes wherever needed on the existing product and also takes the responsibility in handling new platforms and projects.
Senior Engineer II: Domain : Systems & Stacks
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet, networking technologies.
- Explore new-generation networking & multimedia related technologies and develop corresponding system & device software for automotive applications.
- Be responsible for development of prototype network platforms on new MACs and SOCs.
- Proficient in C, Systems and data structures
- Network, Audio, Video or TDM Device driver experience in Linux/Android
- DMA, PCIe Programming, Networking protocols including L2 Ethernet Switching/ Streaming Protocols
- Exposure to L2 or application based audio video connectivity and ability to work on embedded networking.
- Exposure to audio processing, Development of audio and video device drivers, AV Streaming.
- Exposure and hands-on on Ethernet Driver Development and Ethernet based Automotive Networks would be added advantage.
- Able to read datasheet, standards and develop drivers and Protocols (Linux, Android, Autosar)
- Proven strong skills in software development (C, C++). Design, develop and debug System software in the field of Networking. Mandatory to have work experience in OS like Linux or Android Environments.
- Perform code reviews and other activities to ensure high-quality results and delivery production ready code.
- Provide unit and component tests plus documentation for software modules. Should be able to work in Test Driven Development environment.
- Should have exposure to UML, should be able to understand UML diagrams and contribute to UML based designs
- Good knowledge of embedded system architecture, Peripherals like I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, Ethernet, MDIO etc
- Should have exceptional debugging skills using both JTAG based, post-mortem debug using GDB or similar debuggers etc.
- Should be fluent in reading/understanding hardware block diagrams and schematics
- Should be able to work independently, contribute to requirements reviews, analysis of customer change requests, analysis of existing designs and also development of new designs in the field of Systems Design/Development
- Should be able to work independently, contribute to requirements reviews, analysis of customer change requests, analysis of existing designs and also development of new designs in the field of Systems Design/Development.
- Basic Qualifications:
- • B-Tech/BE/MS/M Tech with 6 years to 10 years of experience in Embedded Systems on skills sets mentioned in JD.
- • Hands on Embedded Networking
- • Programming languages – C
- Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- • Can-do attitude and bring a go-getter
- • Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- • Self-motivated, results-driven individual and passionate about work.
- • Excellent communication skills and problem solving skill
- • Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- • Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
- Change Orientation:
- • Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- • Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
- • Connect, engage and communicate with others
- • Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
- • Make sound decisions
- • Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
- • Deliver extraordinary results
- • Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)