Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr Engineer will lead and participate in multiple team environments and to provide independent efforts to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation. As a highly technical and hands-on position, the Sr Engineer will be responsible for systems in support of Lumen’s Government and commercial managed security services platforms addressing .gov and critical infrastructure protection missions.
The Main Responsibilities
- Recommends optimized solutions to support current and long-range planning and collaborates with project team leads in the selection, recommendation, and approvals of tools and technologies to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain reports for patch compliance and system audit data.
- Participate in ongoing operational projects.
- Provide recommendations for system automation.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise. Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Participate in OS patch management and coordination.
- Develop and test Windows security patch packages.
- Troubleshoot Windows OS and Microsoft application security patch installations.
- Ongoing maintenance & administration of assigned systems.
- Adherence to policies, processes, and procedures within your areas of responsibility.
- Assistance with the execution of projects related to areas of responsibility.
- Evaluate, build, integrate, test and prepare systems for operational use and patches for rapid remediation and deployment.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Knowledge and experience should include computer network operations, network access and protection techniques and technologies, software coding, encryption, and cross-domain solutions
- Knowledge and experience in system architecture and engineering disciplines. Specific technical knowledge of enterprise level networking and network security.
- Available 24/7 for Network Outages and Maintenance window work.
- Must be willing to work rotating, on-call, and or work after hours as needed.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active DoD TOP SECRET/SCI Level clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and experience, or a strong interest in, the cybersecurity field.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security, Information Assurance (IA), or Cyber Security programs.
- 5+ years of experience with system security concepts, system security assessments, threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, vulnerability mitigation, and/or implementing and managing penetration testing tools.
- 5+ years of experience in reporting status and recommendations for improvements to either federal government or commercial leadership. Develop and implement patch management methodologies using various automation toolsets
- Demonstrated ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, define requirements, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up, and customer focused behavior.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 266362
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.