There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) – North Dakota – Fargo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Sr. Engineer, Advanced Engineering – 72825
As a Senior Engineer, Advanced Engineering for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group located in Fargo, ND, you will collaborate with other innovators to evaluate, design, and develop advanced embedded electronics technology that delivers value to John Deere customers. In addition, you will:
- Lead and participate on technology focused teams to establish advanced technology portfolios.
- Lead and participate in resolving challenging technical issues both within the company and with suppliers.
- Analyze and develop electronic embedded systems requirements to address complex problems of moderate scope.
- Document the technology solution for building prototypes and transitioning the technology to product design.
- Develop and execute test or analysis plan for technology verification and validation.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Four or more years of electrical engineering experience in embedded systems design.
- Four or more years of work experience in the design and development of embedded systems related to communications systems and RF design.
- Three or more years in roles related to product design, technology development, and innovation.
- Three or more years of experience with modeling and simulation tools for embedded systems design.
- Strong problem-solving skills evidenced by prior work.
- Strong prioritization skills including ability manage frequent changes.
- Flexibility in dealing with changing and/or partial information.
- Experience with technology innovation and advancing technology readiness.
- Experience with simulation software such as ANSYS HFSS or COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Experience in embedded systems design for automotive, avionics, or off-road vehicles.
- Expert knowledge of wired and wireless communications for automotive, avionics, or off-road vehicles.
- Expert knowledge of RF design for automotive, avionics, or off-road vehicles.
- Design experience of sensing systems for automotive, avionics, or off-road vehicles.
- Experience in embedded software engineering and programming languages such as C++ and Python.
- Sense of ownership, curiosity, and ability to function in a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
- Design experience with multi-core microcontrollers, System-On-Chips, FPGAs, and GPUs.
- Understanding of Agile methodology.
- Experience with machine learning and tools.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.