Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Plan and direct the implementation of Amtrak’s tree cutting program. Provide technical support to division and production forces system wide and work closely with them to coordinate tree cutting. Oversee the welding across the Amtrak system done by track, structures, MOW equipment, communications and signals, and electric traction. Provide support to track welders, weld inspectors and welding school.
• Management of Amtrak’s tree cutting program.
• Oversee welding procedures and practices.
• Ensure compliance with FRA Track Safety Standards.
• Provide technical support to division and production forces.
• Perform site visits and safety audits in the field.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivaletn combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieue of a degree.
• 6 years of relevant experience required.
• Railroad work experience in the areas of track inspection, maintenance and construction.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Amtrak standards (MW1000, Engineering Practices, NORAC, AMT-1, AMT-2) and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Track Safety Standards and OSHA.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and capable of working independently.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with outside railroad or government regulatory agencies.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Prior railroad experience
• Prior rail welding experience
• BS in Engineering in related degree.
• 8+ years relevant experience preferred.
• Experience with Track Safety Standards 49 CFR Part 213
• Experience in track welding (Boutet, Thermite, Electric Arc, Flashbutt, etc)
• M/W Track experience
• Experience with Maximo or similar track inspection program
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering & Mechanical