SENIOR DIRECTOR, TOTAL REWARDS
The Sr Director, Global Total Rewards position oversees all elements regarding ongoing development and management of global compensation, global benefits, and Executive Compensation programs for AGCO Corporation. The incumbent will be responsible for providing guidance and direction for strategy, philosophy, governance, compliance, and execution of the various programs of the function to meet business objectives and advance our strategy. The position works across functions and at all levels and geographies to understand specific market needs, challenges, and opportunities to design efficient and cost-effective total rewards solutions that will differentiate AGCO in a competitive, global talent market. This role requires insight into market dynamics, trends and talent shifts as well as progressive experience in total rewards and Executive compensation programs. The incumbent needs to understand AGCO’s strategic direction, align this with a total rewards strategy and facilitate practices, policies, and programs that that position AGCO as an employer of choice.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Build and set the vision and strategy for Total Rewards programs that ensure AGCO continues to attract, motivate, and retain the best talent for our company.
- Design and deliver all programs and workflows around compensation and benefits (e.g., hiring, compensation refresh cycles, promotions, transfers, budgeting, design, benchmarking, effectiveness assessments, and equity management).
- Oversee the company’s benefits programs, including health, welfare, and retirement programs globally and monitor market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
- Partner with the CHRO and other key stakeholders to advise on a competitive and robust Executive compensation program. Drive strategic analysis and recommendations for the executive compensation program, as well as ensure process execution, compliance for identified programs.
- Prepare materials for the Talent and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and the CD&A section of the proxy.
- Responsible for building/maintaining third-party relationships relevant to Executive Compensation and Equity Programs. Accountable for validating compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and approve improvements and offering changes that improve service or reduce costs.
- Partner with global HR Technology & Operations team, to build tools and systems, as well as ensure our HRBPs and employees understand our philosophy and application of our Total Rewards programs.
- Partner with HRBPs to understand human capital strategies and how the TR Strategy is connected to deliver talent and business outcomes
- Drive communication and education of Total Rewards programs and long-term value to employees, managers, and candidates.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations both in the U.S. and internationally, working with internal groups to ensure audits are completed, spending is monitored, and all company-sponsored plans align with legal requirements.
- Own job analysis, evaluation, market pricing and salary surveys, career path/ladder formation in a transparent fashion and with equity at the forefront.
- Oversight of the incentive programs to include design review, metrics monitoring and working with leadership and other stakeholders to ensure ongoing alignment with overall business strategy
- Annual risk assessment of compensation and incentive design programs
- Oversee employee equity program and deliverables for the Board of Directors.
- Build the team, develop existing talent, and attract exceptional talent to grow the function and deliver exceptional programs.
- Have a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset. You will not only build your team, but you will also play a hands-on role and get into the weeds as needed to ensure group success.
KEY SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Progressive thinker, with an eye towards continuous improvement, with the ability to gather a variety of information, model complex Excel analyses, and connect the dots to tell a compelling story to present an innovative solution.
- Expert level knowledge of a wide variety of compensation and benefit plans, techniques and theories including base salary, merit programs, short-term incentives, equity programs, health and wellness plans, retirement plans and recognition programs.
- Strong business acumen and project management skills.
- Executive-level verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in presenting to executive management.
- Subject matter expertise with knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial concepts especially related to tax and accounting treatment, SEC regulations and filings, proxy disclosures and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Disciplined leader managing with facts, data, and clear metrics.
- Takes a solutions-oriented approach and crafts innovative solutions to challenges.
- Proven track record of building cross-functional coalitions to advance our goals and produce results.
- Engaging leader who proactively develops people and teams and inspires top performance.
- Proven quantitative modeling and problem-solving skills to develop the framework for, and execution of, competitive and motivational compensation practices.
- Self-starter with a passion for solving complex challenges through teamwork and innovation.
- Aptitude for framing complex business problems, generating testable hypotheses, translating these through analyses into recommendations to facilitate decision-making processes.
- The proven ability to partner with the management team to ensure delivery of progressive compensation programs and the ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders.
- Track record of strong personal and professional integrity; committed to continue building a sustainable compensation programs while meeting the highest ethical standards.
- Hands-on management style, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen, financially astute, attention to detail and strong sense of logic will be critical to success in this role.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Human Resources or Business. Master’s degree in business or human resources related field preferred.
- CCP/CEBS/CBP certification or similar certifications preferred
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in Human Resources with specific experience in policy and program design and implementation in total rewards (executive, broad based, sales and incentive compensation and benefits) programs.
- Experience with various HR systems and global grading solutions
- Experience working in a global, publicly held company (manufacturing environment is highly desirable).
- Experience working in multiple regions preferred.
- Fluent in English with proficiency in additional languages (German, French, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, and Finnish) preferred
Travel Required: 5% – 15% domestic and global travel as required