You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Right now we’re hiring a Sr. Director, Business Development – Education. This is a key contributor role in a growth-oriented market, directing a broad range of self-directed market needs-analysis, consultative selling, and marketing initiatives. This role requires a highly motivated and proven business development specialist to achieve significant impact and growth within the assigned market. This role requires an individual that can balance coaching and people management responsibilities along with individual new business deliverables. The Sr. Director of Business Development will have overall responsibility for the new business results of their own individual results and those of their team within an assigned market
This role has business responsibility for the growth within of food and hospitality along with support services within the Independent school, K-12 and higher education markets within Canada.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Sr. Director, Business Development – Education, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Utilize the Compass Sales Process to understand the clients’ criteria and articulate this internally to our Operations teams.
- Sell our complete service offerings as solutions that match client needs.
- Leverage Compass’ significant resources to strategically initiate, manage, and develop customer relationships.
- Lead or develop service solutions and promote the Company’s service value proposition to differentiate Compass from competitors and provide increased value to customers.
- Identify and manage significant up-sell and cross-sell opportunities within a broad service offering.
- Drive each element of the services sales cycle, including prospecting initiatives, proposals, RFP responses, and closing sales.
- Develops, implements and evaluates national sales strategies and objectives within assigned market
- Provides leadership to the sales organization and the sector Operations team
- Accountable for the annual sales performance management cadence
- Ensures voice of customer, consumer insights and company strategies are embedded in planning
- Establishes high levels of accountability and performance management underpinned by a winning and collaborative culture
- Model and embrace the Compass Canada Leadership Commitments of We Care, We Share, We Dream, and We Deliver
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements
Think you have what it takes to be our Sr. Director, Business Development – Education? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you are the best fit:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a true “Hunter” sales role working with a structured sales management methodology in a complex fast paced, ever changing environment with constant multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proven strong people management skills with a focus on coaching and mentoring within a senior sales organization
- Proven track-record in successful B2B (business to business) sales.
- Strong acumen selling in the Canadian public and private sector
- Strong business acumen and expert negotiation skills.
- Superior relationship management and influencing skills.
- Superior presentations skills at all levels
- Ability to establish contacts and credibility with senior level management decision makers.
- Deep understanding of different procurement and sourcing strategies
- Experience developing financial projections to support complex, long-term contracts.
- You have a valid driver’s license.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.