At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
The DevSecOps Engineer provides expert guidance for addressing current security issues, but also the foresight to follow industry trends and proactively deliver optimal security solutions. The DevSecOps Engineer is responsible for designing security-first solutions that protect business but allows the business to execute and innovate. The DevSecOps Engineer works closely with many diverse and dynamic teams, including, but not limited to security engineering, DevSecOps teams, threat intelligence, security operations, security audit and compliance, security awareness, IT solutions, IT innovation, and end users including business leadership. This position is also responsible for architecting secure solutions to support agile development and operations teams. Lead evaluation of and make recommendations for technical solutions to reduce risk. Develop policies and procedures to maintain a secure computing environment and CI/CD Pipelines. Provide mentoring and training to more junior staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as Security SME for product teams leading and supporting secure practices.
- Ensure the compliance with ISO/NIST through the environment.
- Participate in architectural design making sure that security is part of the DNA of our software.
- Evaluate evolving requirements from dev teams and take part of the overall security strategy be an enabler instead of a blocker, making sure that security is always first.
- Build and maintain an Azure cloud infrastructure architecture aligning security, compliance, performance and resilience.
- Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security (internal) and product security (external)
- Assess architectures and designs for security vulnerabilities and suggest and implement proper alternatives in support of Enterprise Architecture best practices
- Oversee the management and remediation of identified security flaws within our development platforms
- Build and maintain monitoring, auditing, and reporting frameworks that produces artifacts that support security and compliance requirements
- Build and maintain a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational tasks
- Work with management to identify sensitive and critical data, understand organizational security needs, and develop procedures to accommodate those needs.
- Assess existing system security controls and propose enhancements as necessary.
- Plan security systems through evaluating network and security technologies.
- Plan testing final security structures to ensure they behave as expected.
- Define and implement CI/CD change controls.
- Knowledge of one or more SSO methodologies (SAML, LDAP, MS/Azure AD)
- Understand DevSecOps principles and design patterns.
- Be able to review Node.js and Java code (mainly) from the security perspective and feel comfortable with other languages too.
- Be familiar with security scanning tools (Burpsuite, SonarQube…)
- Understand cloud native designs and applications.
- Understand Docker and its security principals
- Understand Kubernetes and its security model.
- Are able to code in at least one language.
- Understanding of IaC principles and tools (Terraform, Azure Resource Templates…)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum of 8+ years related experience in IT, with 4+ years in an information security system and network security engineering, audit, or compliance role, and 4+ years in technology design, implementation, and delivery.
- Certification/Licensure: Azure Certifications (SC-200/300/400, AZ-500) highly desired. IT security related certification highly desired (e.g., CISSP, CISA, GIAC).
- Experience with one or more of the following: ISO 27001, NIST, PCI DSS, HITECH, GDPR, GxP, Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2 and industry IT Security best practices.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software-, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private and hybrid environments.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.