Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role:
Boston Scientific is seeking a highly motivated and experienced machine learning engineer or data scientist with expertise in machine learning model building and testing. You will work cross-functionally with product development and manufacturing experts to provide useful and timely insights by developing machine learning models using deep learning, non-parametric, and parametric modeling techniques
You will be responsible for developing, validating, deploying, and monitoring machine learning models used to make real-time predictions. The candidate must have a desire to utilize their skills to solve technical/complex problems in a hands-on manner, working in a fast-paced environment, and across multiple functions in a global company.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Develop deep learning models to provide real-time predictions
- Devise testing, maintenance, and monitoring strategies for machine learning models deployed in production
- Develop, maintain, document, and test internal software repositories to support scalable model development across several datasets, analytics platforms, and model types
- Assesses manufacturing processes for automation and analytics opportunities
- Interact with a variety of databases and data types, including image and non-image data
- Prepare and present technical data and recommendations at technical reviews
- Train and/or provide work direction to technicians, engineers, and manufacturing personnel when required as part of data generation, collection, and algorithm development efforts
- Serve as a core team lead or extended team member on new development projects
- Opportunities to supervise and/or mentor engineers with the team
What We’re Looking For:
- BS degree with 2 – 4 years of experience building and deploying machine learning models within a technical field OR MS or PhD with 0 – 2 Years experience within a technical field.
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience with deep learning model building, testing, and deployment in a Python deep learning framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar).
- Demonstrated cross functional teamwork in technically demanding environment.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or related field.
- Highly motivated individual that can independently drive deliverables to completion through collaboration among team members and internal support staff.
- Practical experience in developing and interpreting non-deep learning parametric and non-parametric models.
- Experience using ensemble modeling techniques to combine deep learning and other model types.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Demonstrated use of source control tools (Git or equivalent).
- Experience with big data processing techniques (spark or similar)
- Experience deploying applications on cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with container creation and management
- Experience with API service creation and interaction (REST or similar)
- Experience with python package development
- Demonstrated use of C++ or Java
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 477865