Requisition Number: 48003
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Activities in electrical and control system to achieve the said objectives.
- Use engineering principles and data to help solve problems and trouble shoot production issues.
- Reduce process variability and improve the performance through improvement initiatives and projects.
- PLC coding (AB PLC)), trouble shooting and process improvement.
- Conduct equipment and process experiments and innovations to achieve operational excellence
- Lead developments and propose engineering programs in electrical and control engineering that can improve or enhance the current process capabilities.
- Co-Work with Division with new expansion project of design review, equipment checkout
- Major areas are in control system and requires on call for night shifts and on weekends, as well as on site for urgent issues support if any
- Equipment down time analysis and improvement.
- Daily troubleshooting and improvement to maximize equipment up-time.
- Perform the weekly and quarterly preventive maintenance system within the prescribed guidelines and maintain appropriate records.
- Schedule and execute the opportunity and PM routine work order.
- Support & initiate shop floor equipment & tools improvement
- Assist shop floor’s routine jobs.
College or above degree in Electrical or Automatic Control.
• 2 or more years in electrical or power experience.
• AB PLC coding, debug, programing maintenance and trouble shooting.
• Good process & project management skills.
• Good communication, coordination, and follow-up ability.
• Creative and with strong continuous improvement work characteristic.
• Good English communication skill. (TOEIC 550)