Job ID: TEW20172301-38042
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist to provide support and leadership to our Armament Systems Division Mission Assurance team in our Plymouth, MN offices.
Job Responsibilities: This person will be responsible for supporting and/or leading continuous improvement activities and will actively apply critical thinking and analytical problem solving to develop solutions around department databases and continuous improvement. This highly visible role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Leading and executing small continuous improvement projects
• Supporting continuous improvement efforts and training at our Plymouth and Elk River locations
• Creating and maintaining department databases and providing training to system users
• Supporting and developing departmental reports and metrics
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of educations and experience
• 3+ years of experience working with databases, reporting tools, and metrics.
• Advanced experience in Excel (VBA, macros, pivot tables)
• Advanced experience in SharePoint design, configuration and workflows
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access
• Lean Six Sigma training and/or certification
• Project Management training and/or certification
• Must be a US Citizen
• Knowledge of the Toyota Production System (TPS) or related system
• Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
• Familiarity with ISO/AS9100
• Experience leading small projects
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Results-oriented and customer-focused
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong relationship skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a team
• Ability to prioritize and respond dynamically to a changing environment
• Demonstrated examples of: creative/analytical problem solving skills, successful team leadership, good communication skills, project follow-up and/or sustaining implemented changes and supporting change in operation or procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage timelines and balance multiple deadlines
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D