Work Location : Dubai, UAE
Purpose Statement :
As part of BSC Legal & Compliance department in EMEA the Snr Compliance Specialist MENA, TCA and South-Africa supports BSC’s Compliance Program, projects, tools and processes. The Snr. Compliance Specialist interacts with BSC Legal and (Global) Compliance teams, and helps provide high quality compliance services to internal and external customers while protecting the company’s assets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer of BSC and the Compliance Specialist Manager in EMEA and their teams in the implementation and maintenance of BSC Global Compliance Policies and processes in the MENA, TCA and South-Africa region, including monitoring risks related to regulations applicable to the medical device industry and other Global Compliance standards and procedures.
- Review and approve Internal Request Forms (IRFs) in the e-HCP tool for HCPs supporting events and activities and related documentation for these events and activities; Keep close relation and communication with key stakeholders of the IRF process;
- Develop and work to continuously improve an Ethics & Compliance program and culture through relationship building and communication with key stakeholders responsible within the region
- Participate in the design and delivery of compliance trainings specific to the regulations and local needs of BSC organization;
- Be responsible for internal compliance monitoring, including real-time IRF events field monitoring and sample testing for payments for BSC activities in the region;
- Assist Global Compliance and Legal EMEA on any government inquiries and investigations relating to BSC activities which could include reviewing documents, preparing investigation plan, conducting interviews and drafting investigation reports.
- Assist Global Compliance and Legal EMEA to set up and execute third-party compliance program, including routine compliance audit conducted by 3rd-party vendors and in-depth audit by BSC.
An experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships.
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
Planning and Organization
Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making
Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions. Solution oriented and willing to be a true business partner.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Represents organization as a contact for the MEA region on compliance initiatives, programs and projects. Interacts with multiple functions and stakeholders, including senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations.
Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.