Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
As a Clinical Engineer for Neuromodulation, you will be responsible for supporting sales and marketing processes within the division across APAC region, by providing clinical consultation, teaching, and support on the use of Neuromodulation portfolio and its appropriate applications in clinical setting. You are required to consult to HCPs on the complete product range, provide procedural and technical support in the field, and strategic collaboration with in-country commercial teams to develop business foundation and growth. In addition, with in depth clinical expertise, you will be responsible for potential clinical studies at selective markets in accordance with clinical protocol requirements, global regulatory body compliance guidelines, and corporate and divisional objectives.
• Through your deep understanding of the competition, you will integrate into the patient care continuum by collaborating with regional and in-country marketing & sales teams on business strategy and tactics at hospital and physician level. You will participate in senior KOL/hospital management level discussions and negotiations, and deliver technical presentations to physicians, fellows and/or mid-level clinicians at national and regional clinician training workshops and at industry/society meetings.
• Recognized as a subject-matter expert, you will support and lead technical and anatomical discussions and provide resources to physicians and internal teams, i.e. literature reviews on a topic of interest and coverage for complex cases and troubleshoorting in effort to improve patient outcomes for Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) and Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) product lines.
• Provide complex and advanced programming, troubleshooting, and consultation in SCS and DBS devices in the field in effort of improved therapy to patients.
• Liaise with US Technical Support Team to align guidance with international recommendations on contraindications/warnings/precautions. Adhere to reporting guidelines for product complaints.
• Responsible for monitoring and improving clinical efficiencies and outcomes at in-country and regional level.
• Provide guidance on good clinical research practice in developing research sites. Liaise with international clinical, R&D team to understand research direction for potential collaborations.
• Recognized resource by the field and corporate regarding input into upcoming products and software clinical needs and patient needs. Able to offer unique insights into advanced techniques, technical information and advices to internal and external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for in you
Key Skills & Experiences:
• Minimum of undergraduate degree in science or engineering from reputable university. Masters or PhD degrees in biomedical engineering are preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive experiences in a in similar role with clinical environment and inter-operative experiences. Candidates with solid Neuromodulation experiences (with DBS and SCS), clinical, anatomical, and product knowledges are strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Proficiency in communications in Mandarin/Japanese would have an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to engage with and adapt to suit varying needs of stakeholders including internal teams, clinicians, patients, and other HCP’s.
• Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-80% of the year.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and multi-task
• Possess strong process prioritization, project management and time management skills.
• Mature and able to articulate ideas and concepts well in front of senior management.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural and diverse team.
• Displays drive and ambition to be developed and grow into more senior marketing roles.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific is proud to be recognized for our innovations that impact patients’ lives, our performance as a company, our workplace culture and our contributions to communities around the world. Some of our recent accolades include:
• 2021 FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies
• 2021 Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
• 2021 Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
• 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
• 2020 Forbes Best Employer’s for Diversity
For more information, please visit us at
Visit www.bostonscientific.com to learn more and apply