Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan – Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Business Support Consultant will be responsible for managing a detailed corrective action program, problem solving, investagation and analyses using established formal causal evaluation methods and tools. The candidate must be able to effectively manage relationships (union, leadership, management, contractors, etc.) and lead teams across the business allowing for effective problem solving, corrective actions and execution of change.This position will be filled by a candidate with a proven track record of successful problem solving, team management, and the ability to identify, research and analyze situations to resolve systemic compliance related issues that are of strategic importance to Consumers Energy.
Duties will fluctuate between projects, departments and offices. Lead and/or assist with business analysis and support for the plans, reports, impacts, contracts, schedules, estimates, data collection, observations, and field investigations. Provide business analysis and support services with accuracy, on time and under budget. Use computer assisted applications software and equipment to prepare business analysis support documents. Understand and follow Company established standard procedures for file structure and standard procedures for projects. Become familiar with business and department and Company plans and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately. Assists in client contact and communication. Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public. Public involvement may include producing reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material as well as occasional speaking or meeting with stakeholders. Attend internal and external meetings. Provide business analysis and support services in a legal and ethical manner. Regular attendance is expected.
- Utilize tools to extract trends in operational performance, compliance and controls data
- Create resource-loaded project plans to mitigate operational compliance issues
- Execute on a range of actions to drive improvements in compliance areas
- Develop and populate scorecards and reports to demonstrate progress and status
- Verifies corrective actions are implemented and validates effectiveness to prevent recurrence
- Bachelors Degree required – Less than a Bachelor’s degree may be acceptable if accompanied by extensive Company or industry experience in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.
- 5 years of applicable experience relevant to the position.
- Program Management experience
- Utility Operations experience
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or applied experience
- Auditing / ASQ Certification