Location: Coyol, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Hiring Manager: Susan Norling
Recruiter: Roger Zavala
Leads a high performing, customer centric team within Global Business Services (GBS) providing one or more business services to Boston Scientific. Ensures consistency with global processes and maximizes operational efficiency.
• Performs all aspects of the Cash Applications function in the day to day assigned team activities.
• Process and reconcile account receivables and remittances
• Performs cash posting for both electronic and manual processes and remittance posting.
• Perform credit card payment processing and research
• Research and coding of disputes and processing credit memos as required
• Create regular reports to accurately track financial information
• Perform periodic audits of the general ledger and company financial documents
• Address payment issues like double payments or other discrepancies
• Engage in collection management processes as necessary
• Assists with performing analysis and audit requirement, preparing documentation, audit of SOX controls to ensure the controls function as intended.
• Provide monthly reporting, reconciliations, close and controls within the required deadlines.
• Prepare periodic management reports on KPI’s, such as Lockbox, Checks, Wire/ACH payments, payment timing, SRAI, Consignment offsets, etc.
• Assist AR Management with ensuring the accurate and timely close activities.
• Works to resolves complex cash reconciliations related to Accounts Receivable
• Provide support for documenting controls and processes in assigned areas, particularly for changes, including DTPs.
• Document root cause of Cash Applications issues and work to resolve and any impact to controls.
• Provide recommendations to management for process improvements identified through the processes performed during the month.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
• Be part of the transactional activities when required and accomplish the goals.
• Know all aspects of the Cash Applications function and AR process
• Works closely with AR Management on current and future projects and initiatives, including but not limited to implementation, testing, determining key stakeholders, and documenting processes.
• Support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy,
• Confirm that the cash receipts have been applied correctly, completely and accurately into the ERP system.
• Act as liaison between Credit & Collections, Customer Service, Rebates and Sales, partnering closely on issues involving cash / credit card applications
• Resolves complex issues related to cash applications processing.
What we’re looking for:
• 3+ years of related experience, specifically in an Accounts Receivable environment.
• Analytical and creative mindset.
• Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy.
• Experience building out Accounts Receivable metrics and/or dashboarding.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to engage well with internal and external customers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills; able to interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
• Able to work independently as well as with a team while balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
• Strong work ethic and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Extremely detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion.
• Knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/cash/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts, and corporate procedures.
• Experience with SAP, or other accounting system is highly recommended.
-Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
• Results oriented, excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
• Strong analytical decision making; problem solving skills
• Strong and clear communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Customer service orientation.
• Comfortable with frequent change and ambiguity in a matrix organization.
• Ability to deliver against targets and objectives.
• English Level desired B1+ (65%).
• Know how to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team and with all levels of employees, management and vendors.
• Competence to develop an environment that fosters teamwork, positive energy and efficiency according company principles.
• SAP knowledge is a plus.• Experience in SOX compliance requirements is a plus.
• Excellent listening/communication/collaboration skills.
• Able to work in an adaptive environment and welcomes new & different tasks with a desire to learn and grow your role.
Requisition ID: 483340