Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Responsible for managing sales and business development activities for high-profile Department of Defense (DoD) agencies including the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and U.S. Cyber Command (USCC). This role is responsible for the overall strategic development and implementation of the account plan and will showcase the full range of Lumen’s Cyber, Cloud, and Managed Service offerings to support emerging technology requirements within DISA and Cyber Command.
The Main Responsibilities
• Drive cyber and cloud-based sales within our existing DISA and USCC account base.
• Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new emerging technologies sales opportunities
• Provides comprehensive account plans to win new business and retain existing revenue
• Broadens and deepens existing DISA & USCC relationships to develop strategic positioning
• Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities
• Works closely with DoD customers to assess mission needs and identifies ways to leverage existing sole source contracts to meet Cyber, Cloud, and Emerging Technology requirements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Lumen’s relevant cyber and cloud product suites and available contract vehicles and identifies competitive strengths or limitations that may be overcome through product development or industry partnerships.
• Drives account management responsibilities including solution creation, solution offering, configuration management, order issuance, service delivery, service management, and revenue recognition. Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought leadership.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 10 years of sales or comparable agency / customer facing experience
• Understanding of the Telecom and Information Technology (IT) industry and competitive landscape
• Experience providing Professional Services and Integrated IT solutions
• Security Clearance – TS/SCI
• Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills
• Self-motivated, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
• Experience working DoD cyber, cloud, and emerging technologies solutions.
Requisition #: 259367
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.