Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Interested in seeing how a top STEM employer delivers complex, real-world design and construction projects? As an Intern at Amtrak, you will learn the foundational principles in project management and make a tangible impact on a wide range of projects in Amtrak’s Stations, Facilities, Properties and Accessibility (SFP&A) portfolio. You will work under close supervision of a program manager and in collaboration with all levels of stakeholders from department leaders, to project/program managers, business analysts, and subject matter experts. Individuals in this role use project management knowledge and analytical skills to support assigned projects and programs, including:
- Support project/program reporting
- Create and maintain project/program artifacts and ensure appropriate document and administrative controls
- Work with project team members and subject matter experts to coordinate logistics for assigned projects
- Support project teams with project status reporting, documentation, controls and other processes to ensure compliance with audit requirements, department procedures and enterprise standards
- Create and maintain required documentation including project organization charts, distribution lists, project logs, project schedules, requirements documents, project budgets, and status reports
- Assist in development and review of project scope, schedule and budget
- Coordinate project logistics, including calendars, major events, meetings and applicable materials and equipment
- Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
- Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Project Management, or Architecture.
- Must have at least 2 years of academic undergraduate studies completed or a junior status at minimum.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- MS Office Experience (Excel, Visio, Project)
- Relevant work experience (internships, etc)
- Design and construction project cost and/or scheduling knowledge
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints and technical specifications
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Internships & Co-Ops