Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
The purpose of this position is to attract individuals who are interested in a career in Procurement, Contract Management, and in developing business skills required to be effective in today’s challenging business environment. Candidates for the position will have the opportunity to apply research, organizational and analytical skills in a fast paced, diverse business environment while learning about Amtrak, a critical element of our nation’s transportation infrastructure.
- Assist and support Procurement and solicitation processes for the acquisition of capital equipment, services, and other products in support of our internal customers and Amtrak’s business requirements.
- Assist with development, management and award of solicitations for the lease or purchase of capital equipment such a vehicles and large MOW equipment;
- Utilize GSAdvantage and other market tools to identify potential suppliers;
- Assist with Price and Cost Analysis of supplier submitted bids and proposals and with the tabulation of technical evaluation committee scoring of proposals;
- Assist with Contract Change Orders;
- Assist with data management of leases and contracts; and
- Assist with required inputs into Ariba (Amtrak’s sourcing software)
- Research internal customer and stakeholder requests and provide timely documented responses.
- Attend office meetings, project meetings in Philadelphia, Wilmington and Washington DC, and conference calls and prepare meeting minutes as required.
- Assist with fulfilling requests for information from internal and external business contacts and stakeholders.
- Must be actively pursing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
- Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Analytics, or similar degree.
- Must have at least 2 years of academic undergraduate studies completed or a junior status at minimum.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills sufficient to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and organizational aptitude.
- Experience in MS Office software suite with strong aptitude in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to research, collect and analyze data.
- Ability to identify challenges/barriers and make recommendations to get to a satisfactory outcome.
- Experience in SAP and Ariba
- Experience in working in a professional office setting.
- Specific interest in working in the railroad industry and/or in a career in Procurement.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Family/Function:Supply Chain & Logistics
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Supply Chain & Logistics || Internships & Co-Ops