Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The intern will be dedicated to the Marketing and Sales Department under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Marketing. The intern will support the research, development and implementation of marketing and advertising initiatives and campaigns to increase ridership on Amtrak’s National network of services. The intern will identify strategies, trends and best practices for advertising and promotions targeting students and millennials as well as other niche consumer segments. He/she will also coordinate the integration of communication across various departments/functional areas to support flash sales and other promotional offers. In this role, the intern will interact with Amtrak personnel within and outside the Department and occasionally with external partners and advertising agencies.
- Assist in performing reviews and analysis of marketing proposals/ad campaign
- Research and collect data from various sources to support marketing plans
- Develop detailed and concise communications plans
- Handle various follow-up activities with internal and external contacts to plan, develop and implement advertising promotions and campaigns
- Proofreading advertising campaign/communication
- Assisting with advertising content development projects as needed
- Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing and/or Communications
- Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
- Must have at least 1 year of academic undergraduate studies completed or a sophomore status at minimum.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week between the days/hours: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p
- Experience in Microsoft Office software suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects • Self-motivated and able to work independently
- High attention to detail and organizational aptitude
- Experience in Marketing and Communication with a strong knowledge of marketing and advertising principles
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Marketing || Internships & Co-Ops