Req Id: 341419
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Operations Technical and Systems Support (OTSS) is a diverse team responsible for application support including Service Availability. The Service Owner (SO) role is comprised of multiple task oriented activities which include Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management including root cause analysis, privileged access management (PAM) and audit activities (auditor and security scans).
ITIL certification or working knowledge is a key asset. Working autonomously as well as have the ability to work/partner with both internal and external teams.
The Application Service Owner will be responsible for providing our business customers with application production support, maintenance and 24/7 on-call incident management.
The OTSS team manages Bell’s IT Infrastructure and the service availability of over 600 applications, including mission critical systems across Bell Residential Services (BRS), Field, Bell Business Markets (BBM), Network, Bell Atlantic and Corporate Systems.
- Working with Vendors to drive resolution, optimal recovery of Incidents
- Provide Communication of Incident and Change to Client Groups
- Review and prioritization of Incident tickets to ensure content and accuracy
- Perform trend analysis to identify problems before a significant incident occurs
- Identify Hardening opportunities/Risk Assessments
- Manage support partner relationships to drive best in class performance within application portfolio
- Create and document resolutions, ensure Root Cause is documented
- Follow the defined Change Management process, attend Change Advisory Board meetings, co-ordinate activities with Business Partners and work with user groups to secure sign off on proposed changes
- Accountable for quality of change, participating in weekly meetings, ensuring end to end testing completed and provide review and sign off on all proposed changes
- Application SME’s for Service Desk, Customer & System Admin
Key Leadership Competences
- Agile and ability to mobilize resources and execute on critical incidents and initiatives needed to transform our business
- Great communicator – ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Critical thinker – demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems effectively
- Avid learner – continuous learner of all things technical and process
- Focus driven – ability to manage stress and pressure in a collaborative environment
- Experience working with offshore vendors
- Exposure to databases, networking, system administration and Google Cloud
- Experience working within ITIL standards and practices
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/28/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.